Author Topic: Acoustic Revive RR-777 Schumann Resonance Generator  (Read 35180 times)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
Re: Acoustic Revive RR-777 Schumann Resonance Generator
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
No need to apologize Mr. T, every thing makes a difference including the mood of the person, humidity, temperature, air quality  not to mention room size, reflection characteristics, absorption and general construction; all of which will have a far greater effect on the end results than an electronic gizmo.

The poor souls who cannot hear a difference when changing standard multi strand mains cables for a lower resistance better screened / constructed cable should not be allowed any where near proper sound systems IMV.  Cables are 'measurable' in their resistance, inductance etc if you have the equipment to do so.  Either the kit being used is not revealing enough (or possibly has an excellent power supply already) or the listener has untrained, inexperienced / impaired hearing.

Electronic gizmo's that produce LF emissions (ELF) may add to the sense of well being and thus assist some one in enjoying their listening more much like a glass of fine wine.  I just feel sorry for all those folk who need such devices to enhance their systems to a stage where they become more listenable in the first place.

V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Tuyen

• Liked: 221
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 08:26:35 PM »
But why would a relatively short power cable make a so much difference when there are countless meters of wiring from the power box to the wall socket would already be bottlenecking/limiting the 'quality' of the power already?   How does adding a good power cord suddenly remove the bottlenecks before it? 

Shouldn't you feel sorry for folk who can't manage to appreciate or enjoy listening to music on another system because in their mind they have already made a judgement just by looking at the componentry and cabling choices the owner has decided on?   I know I do  ;D  :-*

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 08:47:04 PM »
But why would a relatively short power cable make a so much difference when there are countless meters of wiring from the power box to the wall socket would already be bottlenecking/limiting the 'quality' of the power already?   How does adding a good power cord suddenly remove the bottlenecks before it? 

Why,, because it does, Somehow the currant changes form, losses something, redistributes, eliminating RF, how, why, now that is a question.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Exactly Steven. Exactly!  8)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
DCR
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »
What about the DCR from the oodles of 'standard multistrand mains cable' from the distribution box to the wall socket?    8)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »
No stranded from the distribution board to the service outlets, they are all solid core twin and earth, usually at least 2.5mm dependent on the current capability.  Keeping DCR as low as possible usually helps.  Ask Dave Willow what difference it made to his system changing to a dedicated ring main for audio.
V

Offline treblid

• Liked: 15
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
To put things somewhat in perspective (cause I exclude shipping)... How much is $30 SGD in the whole scheme of things?

That's about $25 AUD...

Not enough for a tank of fuel, lunch, parking, or anything really. Perth is a expensive place to live in really. $25 is higher than the hourly minimum wage in Oz, but really can't buy you much.. But it can buy this..

Personally I don't have the kind of ears you guys have... All the AR does is makes me feel better to listen to music more, it's just a better connection to the music.. In audiophile terms I would say it makes the music sound less digital. That's about it. it's just a feeling, call it placebo, call it audiopool, call it crappy system.. Call it whatever you want, but only after you have tried it...

People can disagree, but disagreement on speculation is a bit too SNA for me.

Tuyen seems more adamant and supportive on this product than me though (that makes me feel bad :p). But then he always has better ears than me..

I can only hear clarity and imaging (sound staging).. In those terms, I find products like cables and even isolation feets yield more positive benefits.. I am still on the fence whether the AR77 really works TBH.. But when I loaned it to Tuyen for a while, and I got it back, while waiting for the system to warm up, at his suggestion we turned this thingy on. Hell, this is weird. :D :D

Does it really work? The hell do I know, I got it for free any way... And for $25, the alternative is cheap enough to punt.. The AR models OTOH  I would say no (the same money can be used for multiple other tweaks).

Anyway, I have never invited any guys over to have a listen, mainly because my system is not a great system and my place is tiny. But if you guys are interested to try the AR77 in situ (for whatever motives), shoot me a PM.. You make up your own mind.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 01:16:09 PM »
Yes 25 bucks buys you a PCB which is very affordable agreed.
Now look at the maths:

Sound travels at 340 m/s at sea level
a 7 hertz frequency equates to a wavelength of 48.5m.

Now look again at the PCB and tell me if ~30 separate spiral traces on the PCB matches the wavelength at that frequency.  The timing IC is a std 555 chip.  Where does the power come from to generate even a 1/4 wavelength source?  I'd say several hundred of these devices would still leave you shy of getting even a fraction of a watt power at that frequency let alone acoustic power.

My deep bass units will do 7hz ( well below FS of the drivers) massive 25mm + excursion but it does not make you feel euphoric or well when they are turned up driven by hundreds of watts to get those 24" cones moving so it must be something else that makes people want to shell out hard earnt.  The French developed a sonic cannon for close battlefield use, it would rearrange soldiers organs; is this the desired result?  Loose bowels can be a most uncomfortable feeling brought about by an excess of LF sound, sickness follows then disorientation and eventually death if powerful enough.

Most kinds of electromagnetic radiation are bad for you and VLF is most disturbing and not something I would like to be exposed to for any length of time, that also goes for all those micro waves and mobile phones and general RF hash out there, now where did I put my X men copper hat  :P

V

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »

My deep bass units will do 7hz ( well below FS of the drivers) massive 25mm + excursion ...... 24" cones.... 

V

:o :o :o

Okay, I need more info about that driver!  ;D
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline treblid

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Now look at the maths:
That point is all I have really.. It's affordable :p, cheaper than a plate of pasta.

Bear in mind, i reckon it's doing an EM wave (more a pulse), AFAICT it's not a compression wave. 

If true, EM waves travels much faster than sound (close to speed of light in vacuum) so it's a much shorter distance.. Reason why people see lightning well before they hear the crack. Bah I suck.. :D What made me type this? lol

I don't even want to pretend I know how it works.. But for $25, it's not going to do anything bad (even cancer risks are low as it's so low powered)... Adding more units change this assumption though (so use more at your own risk).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:12:34 PM by treblid »

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
Post unliked!   LoL

If one tries one of these units and cannot hear a difference, either the kit being used is not revealing enough or the listener has untrained, inexperienced / impaired hearing.    8)   :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:16:05 PM by Tuyen »

Offline treblid

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
Post unliked!   LoL
Apologies.. :D I was in the middle of lunch, and wait, that's not right! Not even close! :D. I have no excuse for that :D :D.

I don't think it's the wavelength that matters anyway, it's the frequency of the event (if it's a pulse).. from where you are/sit, something "hits you" regularly at that interval. 

That's just a straw man theory as I honestly can't explain or describe this..

If one tries one of these units and cannot hear a difference, either the kit being used is not revealing enough or the listener has untrained, inexperienced / impaired hearing.    8)   :P
As V said, at the end of the day, beauty is in the ears of the beholder.. Keyword being beholder. And beauty - everybody has their own interpretations...

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
If they are as good as the $715 ETI AMG Toppers, I will take the lot!

http://www.eti-research.com.au/index.php/our-products/resonance-control-devices/eti-amg-toppers

Screaming bargain!

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
I was being totally genuine with my experiences with one of these units and it's effects I experienced.  In return, I was accused of smoking pot with $50 bills.    Then the thread/topic appears to the others like just a big joke.    I'm assuming that is TJ's view.

Yet on other threads, we are discussing how shortening a length of a power cord completely kills the sound of the system, which seems to be 'common knowledge' among the traps.   

Both experiences are not easily explainable and discussion of any measurements are pointless/ignored on this forum.

It seems like if it is a concept or experience that has been 'OK-ed' by the 'elite', then no problem, continue on.   Else if it is something new and not completely explainable, you are on clearly on drugs and/or completely delusional!     lol

Please correct me if I am wrong!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:52:54 PM by Tuyen »

Offline omodo

• Liked: 104
  • Green tinted glow
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
FWIW (probably not much!) there was one of these at the recent Lenehan DAC showdown/shootout/circlejerk/gtg and when it was switched in/out I felt there was a subtle change, a bit more body/flesh and longer decay to notes.

I wouldn't mind trying one or two at home and $30 is a bit more justifiable for an experiment/tweak than $500 so watching with interest to see your results Tuyen

http://www.aca.gr/index/hiend/hiendArticles?row=102

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/162477-diy-schumann-resonator.html

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
FWIW (probably not much!) there was one of these at the recent Lenehan DAC showdown/shootout/circlejerk/gtg and when it was switched in/out I felt there was a subtle change, a bit more body/flesh and longer decay to notes.
Thats interesting Omodo, certainly got me curious.

Decay is one of those attributes I look for in a system.   What is of interest to me in this discussion, is whether the generator is effecting us, rather than the system?

Either way, seems to be a cheap mod, in comparison to other tweaks.  Which is Tuyens point
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:47:07 PM by ozmillsy »
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:17 AM »
Some questionable posts, have been moved to the Questionable thread,   if you're wondering where they went. 

Just trying to keep this thread on topic.   Any concerns, PM me.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
jerichojason from Indonesia sells a few variants on his ebay store:
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xschumann+resonator&_nkw=schumann+resonator&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Found the following interesting too:

Tips: You can place a CD on coil area for 10 seconds, This amazing
tweak works like Bedini Clarifier or Furutech CD Demagnetizer. After
treatment, sound is more clear, 3D, detail and musical. It really
works !!

Offline YoungSC

• Liked: 1
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 09:42:15 PM »
Now look at the maths:

Sound travels at 340 m/s at sea level
a 7 hertz frequency equates to a wavelength of 48.5m.

Now look again at the PCB and tell me if ~30 separate spiral traces on the PCB matches the wavelength at that frequency.  The timing IC is a std 555 chip.  Where does the power come from to generate even a 1/4 wavelength source?  I'd say several hundred of these devices would still leave you shy of getting even a fraction of a watt power at that frequency let alone acoustic power.

My deep bass units will do 7hz ( well below FS of the drivers) massive 25mm + excursion but it does not make you feel euphoric or well when they are turned up driven by hundreds of watts to get those 24" cones moving so it must be something else that makes people want to shell out hard earnt.  The French developed a sonic cannon for close battlefield use, it would rearrange soldiers organs; is this the desired result?  Loose bowels can be a most uncomfortable feeling brought about by an excess of LF sound, sickness follows then disorientation and eventually death if powerful enough.

Most kinds of electromagnetic radiation are bad for you and VLF is most disturbing and not something I would like to be exposed to for any length of time, that also goes for all those micro waves and mobile phones and general RF hash out there, now where did I put my X men copper hat  :P

V

Hi Steve,

If it's an electromagnetic wave I don't think you can use sound parameters in the equation.

Do you need to use speed of light rather than speed of sound?