Author Topic: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs  (Read 50218 times)

Offline PingPing

• Liked: 6
Re: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
I have on loan since last night atm a 1.5m pair of the KLEI gZero6 IC and a 2m pair of the KLEI gZero10 IC.

The KLEI gZero10 IC are on their way down to Steven early next week.

I had in my 2 channel system (Wadia/Zen clock cd transport i2s, Kdac, Marios EL34 amp) a pair of $800 IC's which I considered to be very good. The 6's literally blew them away. It has been said the 10's are better again than the 6's but I couldn't imagine it. But I put the 10's in and yep they were better again.
The 6's reminded me of the improvement in going from SPDIF to I2S but possibly even more so. Much smear was removed and more purity was allowed through. My system has often sounded a bit dark, slow, and muddy but the 6's tightened things up and sped things up somewhat.

The 10's had the same refinements of the 6's with a bit of extra life and punch.

These cables have helped my system out with its deficiencies for sure but how they will go in a system which is finely tuned and super balanced with no obvious deficiencies like Stevens setup will be interesting.

Recently in Melbourne I heard a very nice pair of Shunyata IC's irradicate somewhat some problems in a freinds a system. Even though the limitations and deficiencies on my system were completely different to the system I heard in Melbourne the end result of these IC's n my system reminded me of that .

onthebeach, what $800 ICs were the gZero6 ICs better than...

Offline PingPing

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
Steven has the 10's in his system atm.

I have the 6's atm which sound really nice to me...trouble is I know what the 10's sound like now  :o
... any more to tell  :)

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »
... any more to tell  :)
There is more the tell,  give me a week and I will report.

Offline PingPing

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »
tell, tell, tell more :)

Offline PingPing

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
nothing to tell...

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
Ping to many things to do, I will get it done soon

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »
Ping to many things to do, I will get it done soon
Too many things to do? wtf you don't even have a job bloody hell just imagine those that work 55 hrs p/w plus
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »
Too many things to do? wtf you don't even have a job bloody hell just imagine those that work 55 hrs p/w plus
Suckers

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
That's all right the workers of Australia (suckers) understand how we must look after the underprivileged
that sit on their arse all day and winge that they have no time  :-*

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
Now theres a thought, folk will make the time if they are committed and make excuses when they are not. (IMV-SNA)
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
Suckers
Your right we are suckers after all we end up in the same place
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline skc

• Liked: 19
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
Your right we are suckers after all we end up in the same place

But, I didn't think it was all about the destination; I thought it was about enjoying your journey! :)

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »
To be fair though he has got plenty to do....theres Peter Paul & Mary and some Beatles and Andrea Bocelli and some Vivaldi Four Seasons and the Voice Squad and some Elvis and Buddy Holly and Peggy Lee...the list is endless. Very tiring work. Much of it needs to be diligently done after most of us are fast asleep.

Its a tough life alright so dont pick on him Graham & Mario. You and me have got it easy working all week in comparison :'(.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:14:50 PM by onthebeach »

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »
To be fair though he has got plenty to do....theres Peter Paul & Mary and some Beatles and Andrea Bocelli and some Vivaldi Four Seasons and the Voice Squad and some Elvis and Buddy Holly and Peggy Lee...the list is endless. Very tiring work. Much of it needs to be diligently done after most of us are fast asleep.

Its a tough life alright so dont pick on him Graham & Mario. You and me have got it easy working all week in comparison :'(.

He's doing what he loves compared to me (and maybe Graham and Mario) who has to put up with all the BS at work and not to mention bullying, unfair treatment, rude clients, etc etc.
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »
He's doing what he loves compared to me (and maybe Graham and Mario) who has to put up with all the BS at work and not to mention bullying, unfair treatment, rude clients, etc etc.

Rudeness, insanity you name its all there with some of Public Service work. I know of one suicide and the others excessive drinking ultimately claimed his life.

Offline gamve

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »
Rudeness, insanity you name its all there with some of Public Service work. I know of one suicide and the others excessive drinking ultimately claimed his life.

I'm trying to drink myself to death but the bloody gout stops me from getting to the bar.... ;D

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
I am actually amazed how you can put up with all that for years Paul! No doubt your family is a massive support and also beautiful music through your system (and youtubing!). I haven't even been here for one year but I can't stand it anymore, I gotta move, I just don't want to be like those people you mentioned. Hurting themselves and ultimately wasting their lives  >:(  Oh well, at least whenever I finish work and go home I can get away from those nasty people and enjoy my time a bit with my system (thanks for lending me the JBL and letting me know about the 45 amp). So yeah, start working Steve and let us know the verdict of the cable!

I'm trying to drink myself to death but the bloody gout stops me from getting to the bar.... ;D
We need you to stay around for a long....long time! So, please take care of yourself mate...

Offline gamve

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »
I am actually amazed how you can put up with all that for years Paul! No doubt your family is a massive support and also beautiful music through your system (and youtubing!). I haven't even been here for one year but I can't stand it anymore, I gotta move, I just don't want to be like those people you mentioned. Hurting themselves and ultimately wasting their lives  >:(  Oh well, at least whenever I finish work and go home I can get away from those nasty people and enjoy my time a bit with my system (thanks for lending me the JBL and letting me know about the 45 amp). So yeah, start working Steve and let us know the verdict of the cable!
We need you to stay around for a long....long time! So, please take care of yourself mate...

Yeah sorry pretty dumb thing to say. Feeling a bit morose today as I just discovered this afternoon that one of my bestest audio buddies
in the States died last week. Never experienced finding out a good friend had passed by the net before. RIP Larry Mellette.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:46:40 PM by gamve »

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
Yeah sorry pretty dumb thing to say. Feeling a bit morose today as I just discovered this afternoon that one of my bestest audio buddies
in the States died last week. Never experienced finding out a good friend had passed by the net before. RIP Larry.
My condolences, it's always hard to lose a good friend...

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »
My condolences, it's always hard to lose a good friend...
Yea I know what you mean, I had my great sounding TDA1541A S2 chip die a few years ago. It took me a long time to get over it.