Author Topic: It's Arrived  (Read 12945 times)

3bm

It's Arrived
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »
Well, after spending an hour getting it out of the boxes poor Steven spent 4 hours getting them into, I'm almost ready to go.

Have followed Steves basic instructions but will speak to him shortly regarding a few last notes. I have to say, having a look at the internals of the DAC, it is amazingly clean and well put together. I think that is most likely a combination of Steve and Pauls hard work. Very very impressive!

Ooh so exciting :]. Ill be out to dinner but will post again with thoughts once its running later tonight

tuyen

Re: It's Arrived
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
I am happy for you mate :)

Bit excited too!  Enjoy

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Welcome to the club!  :)
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

crazikid

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
thats good news... exciting times...

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
wow wow another member to join the club rock on people the killer is in the house ;D ;D ;D ;D
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
I finally got my dac back from Danny Digital too, now I2S is on board! Man I missed my dac dearly...
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

crazikid

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
good news william :o

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »
Well, after spending an hour getting it out of the boxes poor Steven spent 4 hours getting them into, I'm almost ready to go.

Have followed Steves basic instructions but will speak to him shortly regarding a few last notes. I have to say, having a look at the internals of the DAC, it is amazingly clean and well put together. I think that is most likely a combination of Steve and Pauls hard work. Very very impressive!

Ooh so exciting :]. Ill be out to dinner but will post again with thoughts once its running later tonight
What i do for Music lovers. Hens i put a crown in the killer i have sent you enjoy.

3bm

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
Another quick post as I'm heading off to work in 10 minutes. We had a bit of a listen late late last night, sleep is for losers honestly.

I ended up getting the i2s hotted up marantz working and while it was amazing with the 960 via digital, with the marantz it was just a completely different level. We had a quick burn through some mixed classical and some Nat King Cole.

Firstly, I get what everyone says about Stevens music. The quality of those discs is just ridiculous and I honestly do not think I have ever heard a CD sound like that. track after track is just astonishing. There is no point having a next track button, I don't think we used it as we were just captivated even with tracks we (in the past) hadn't liked so much.

The DAC itself? well I don't know what to say. It just sounds real. Immensely resolving and so natural and clear. Halfway through a track an instrument, say a snare drum will play and it just catches you completely off guard because you hear it, and immediately question why there is a drumkit in the room. Oh wait it's just the music, and then something else happens.

This type of work is only possible as a total labor of love and Steven/Paul has really done an incredible job of getting this sounding like it does. I can see why this particular DAC won the shootout, just astonishing.

I'll post a bit more later with some better descriptions, but yeah, just blown away. I am very humbled and thankful for Steven and Pauls work with this unit. The build quality is outstanding and while I was expecting a monstrosity of wires, I've bought retail gear nowhere near as well constructed and clean as this. Let alone the sound quality
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:37:38 AM by 3bm »

crazikid

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experiences...
no regret? i know everytime i fire up the KDAc and system - the music just shines through with beauty, and i'm always blown away.  ;D

tuyen

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
Thanks for the update report 3bm.   Magic happens!

3bm

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
The only regret I have is how many hours its going to take me to get the preamp out of this sytsem :D

Just incredible. Anyhoo chaps, back to listening after work. Shall post more later

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »
Congrats mate,  the wait was worth it.     The appreciation factor grows over time.

I found the KillerDac goes very nicely with our SGR active speakers.   
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

3bm

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
It does indeed. The i2 cd94/kdac combo is just sensational. Youn sun nah completely blew us away last night.

Now for the volume issues. This preamp is going stat

Drizt

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
Hi Leck,

How have you been?  Long time no speak.

Now that you have had the DAC for a while now how is the KillerDac treating you?

Drizt

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »
Hi Leck,

How have you been?  Long time no speak.

Now that you have had the DAC for a while now how is the KillerDac treating you?

bump...

Theres a few guys on SNA asking about the killerdac and if there is anyone in melb who has one.

How you finding yours these days ?

Drizt

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
Did leck leave the building?  What did I miss? 

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »
Did leck leave the building?  What did I miss? 
I think Lech is in full on work mode. He will be back.

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
Theres a few guys on SNA asking about the killerdac and if there is anyone in melb who has one.

If there's ever a Killerdac GTG in Melbourne, i would love to be included. I am about to have my Lenehan PDX DAC upgraded to level 1, with the idea of going level 2 when i finally manage to scrape the $$$ together. The PDX level 2 is the best DAC i have heard. But my ears remain open and the Killerdac continues to interest me...