Author Topic: bhobba; NAKSA  (Read 38410 times)

Offline bhobba

• Liked: 9
Re: bhobba; NAKSA
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »
amp not here yet bill ::)

Just spoke to Mike and evidently you rang him just 5 minutes ago to say it arrived and you are on your way right now to check it out.  Really looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:12:04 PM by bhobba »

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »
your right bill  this amp represents great value by hugh,its a very good amp for people looking for a smooth ss amp and no tube changing.great bottom amp man it can drive the ml1 in a tight punchy presentation like i never heard before on a ss amp.
tuyen will be picking it up from my mates house next week so it can go to ozcals house where he runs ss amps in his system it will be a fair comparison.(ozcal your b&w speakers will be dancing with bottom end this thing is punchy like mike tyson in his earlier days)
move over belcanto,ME,parasound and most other ss amps which cost a lot more.

full credit to hugh delivering value for money like that to australian music lovers.
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Hens

• Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
Hmmm, interesting comments Mario, how was the sund staging and imaging?

I'll have to head over to Tuyens next week.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:08 PM »
Hmmm, interesting comments Mario, how was the sund staging and imaging?

I'll have to head over to Tuyens next week.
its better in sound staging then joe rasmussen jlti intergrated mk2 which i owned before it was a gain clone amp mudule.
imaging is also very good.
my views are based on other ss amps which i heard i am not comparing it to the killer el34 as i am biased towards valves
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Hens

• Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
Hmmmm, interesting...

If I build one for fun will I ever use it once Paul sends me my amps?

Offline bhobba

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
your right bill  this amp represents great value by hugh,its a very good amp for people looking for a smooth ss amp and no tube changing.great bottom amp man it can drive the ml1 in a tight punchy presentation like i never heard before on a ss amp.tuyen will be picking it up from my mates house next week so it can go to ozcals house where he runs ss amps in his system it will be a fair comparison.(ozcal your b&w speakers will be dancing with bottom end this thing is punchy like mike tyson in his earlier days) move over belcanto,ME,parasound and most other ss amps which cost a lot more.full credit to hugh delivering value for money like that to australian music lovers.

Thanks for checking it out Mario.  And I am glad you like it.  I too am starting to come around to the valve way of thinking and can see myself getting some further down the line.  Mike is getting some designed to replace his Macintosh's.  He is hopeful they will beat them and in a few ways those Macs do outshine the NAKSA.  But for guys that don't like changing valves it really is a good choice.  The Macintosh's and the NAKSA are the two best SS amps I have heard.  I would say two best amps but I have high hopes for Mikes amps.  Of course I have not heard them since they have not been even built yet - but I trust Mike when he says they will likely beat them.

Thanks
Bill

Offline kajak12

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 10:55:01 PM »
next year i will pull the pin and get a 100w naksa hot rodd it and use it in a diffrent room so my wife can play her music and dont have to hide underneath the bed when she plays her current teac.

Offline bhobba

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »
Hi Guys

Whats the latest with you WA guys and the NAKSA?  Any further reports?  Has Mario had the chance to do any mods yet?

Thanks
Bill

Offline kajak12

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
the naksa will be making its way up north of the river in about 2 weeks gordon will play it on his sytem.
bill ask mike for some speaker binding posts and female rca's i need them for the modd

Offline bhobba

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »
the naksa will be making its way up north of the river in about 2 weeks gordon will play it on his sytem. bill ask mike for some speaker binding posts and female rca's i need them for the modd

Great to hear people are getting to hear it.  I will be seeing Mike tomorrow to check out a buzz/hum problem I have with the Tranquility.  I will get him to send out what he thinks would be the best to use.

Thanks
Bill

Offline bhobba

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »
Any update on the NAKSA and what people think?  Mario mentioned it was going north of the river - any of those guys have any comments?

thanks
Bill

tuyen

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
I think only Mario and his friend Richard have listened to it so far.

Both very much enjoy it and think it's one of the best SS amps they have heard for the money so far.

I believe the amp is still with Mario, who says he will hopefully drop it down to flemo's place this weekend. Then flemo, ozcal and few other nearby locals can check it out.

Again, thanks for sharing your toys and giving us the opportunity to hear your naksa amp, Bill.

Tuyen

Offline bhobba

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
Great to hear.  Looking forward to hearing what others think.  No hurry - need my PDX for it to really be any use to me anyway since it has a volume control and the Tranquility does not -and Clay is run off his feet with orders on the PDX so it won't be for a while.  Can hardly wait to get the PDX out to you guys along with the Tranquility and WFS DAC to check against the Killer.  I think the WFS wont really be in the hunt, the Tranquility will fare better but the one that will be a close thing will be the PDX.  I suspect the Killer will pip the PDX but it certainly will be an actual contest.

Thanks
Bill

Offline kajak12

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
I think only Mario and his friend Richard have listened to it so far.

Both very much enjoy it and think it's one of the best SS amps they have heard for the money so far.

I believe the amp is still with Mario, who says he will hopefully drop it down to flemo's place this weekend. Then flemo, ozcal and few other nearby locals can check it out.

Again, thanks for sharing your toys and giving us the opportunity to hear your naksa amp, Bill.

Tuyen
its going up to flemo's this weekend i had it with last time i forgot to leave it their :'(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:47:50 PM by ozmillsy »

Offline flemo

• Liked: 22
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
Hi Bill,

Have the Naksa here mate and just emailed Gordon (Ozcal) to arrange a delivery to him early next week as I don't have a preamp. 

Really looking forward to hearing it with his 401's, and my 402's! It could just the ticket!

A mini Gale shootout?  ;)

Cheers

flemo.

Offline bhobba

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2010, 08:20:54 AM »
Hi Flemo

Great to hear mate.  Really looking forward to hearing what you think of the NAKSA.  I owned Gale 402's for yonks before upgrading to my previous speakers Axis LS88's. So hearing how they go on the Gales will be very interesting.  They are known as amp killers due to their difficult load - and the fact they actually by all reports wrecked a few amps.  This will actually be a tough test for the NAKSA - or indeed any amp you put on it.

Thanks
Bill

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
Hi bhobba , Pete very kindly dropped the amp off on Monday night.
Unfortunately I am as sick as a dog at the moment and haven't even got round to taking it out of it's box yet.
Hopefully I'll be OK by the weekend and we can put the amp through it's paces.
Gordon
Listening with my ears :)

Offline bhobba

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »
Pete very kindly dropped the amp off on Monday night. Unfortunately I am as sick as a dog at the moment and haven't even got round to taking it out of it's box yet. Hopefully I'll be OK by the weekend and we can put the amp through it's paces.

Hi Gordon

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  By far the most important thing is to get well.  Checking out the NAKSA can wait until you are feeling better.  No rush or hurry.

Thanks
Bill

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »
Thanks Bill.It will be really interesting to hear how the Naksa sounds with the Supratek pre and the Gales.
Gordon
Listening with my ears :)

Offline bhobba

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »
Hi Guys

Now that Hugh has released the 100W NAKSA I think I will be upgrading to that.  So if anyone wants to buy this NAKSA let me know and we can work out a price.

Thanks
Bill