Author Topic: BIG thanks to Hedalfa! and the rest of the KD crew.  (Read 15004 times)

Offline braddo

• Liked: 2
Re: BIG thanks to Hedalfa! and the rest of the KD crew.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
Since Paul has chimed in, I'd like to thank him again for dropping in, which was to be the last leg of his East Coast Australian Tour. Paul puts massive effort into helping me out and I'd be a bit lost without his knowledge.

My system still has some tweaking ahead William, not living with it doesn't help, changes are slow and it's hard to get familiar with it when I only get to hear it occasionally, I'm much more familiar with my smaller cheaper second system and headphones.
Even though the TT is running on empty, we still managed to pull some great music out of it later on that night, but it needs a full set-up which will be done when time allows. Speaker switches will be replaced, and at worse the ones now need full reconditioning, plus some other tweaks here and there around the system. It's fun for me doing all of this one step at a time... I'll change caps if needed last.....and I already miss the VDH IC's the smoothness has clearly gone.  HHHHHHmmmmmmm more $$$ >:( :(

So William are you sure you did not knock off 1kg on Sat arvo?? I'm sure you did......... :P or you went bloody close.........

Can you down a 6 pack of Coopers in 10mins after a steak with my next batch of extra strength XXX chili sauce which i'll brew up just for you......you can do it man!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:28:20 AM by braddo »

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
Re: BIG thanks to Hedalfa! and the rest of the KD crew.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
My system still has some tweaking ahead William, not living with it doesn't help, changes are slow and it's hard to get familiar with it when I only get to hear it occasionally, I'm much more familiar with my smaller cheaper second system and headphones.
Even though the TT is running on empty, we still managed to pull some great music out of it later on that night, but it needs a full set-up which will be done when time allows. Speaker switches will be replaced, and at worse the ones now need full reconditioning, plus some other tweaks here and there around the system. It's fun for me doing all of this one step at a time... I'll change caps if needed last.....and I already miss the VDH IC's the smoothness has clearly gone.  HHHHHHmmmmmmm more $$$ >:( :(
Do it one at a time Brad. You're right that you need to familiarize yourself with the system. For all I know, your system was sounding real good even with some problems it had. I imagine it would sound so much better when you get the all the problems sorted. You're in for a good ride there for sure!  ;)

My system still has some tweaking ahead William, not living with it doesn't So William are you sure you did not knock off 1kg on Sat arvo?? I'm sure you did......... :P or you went bloody close.........
Did I?  :o That really surprises me if I did knock off close to a kilo of meat! My guts must be getting BIGGER and BIGGER! (I blame Steve for this because he keeps piling on the BBQ sizzling lamb whenever I visit him in the mountains)

Can you down a 6 pack of Coopers in 10mins after a steak with my next batch of extra strength XXX chili sauce which i'll brew up just for you......you can do it man!
Challenge accepted! If I can do it then you shall let me take your system home with me!  ;D
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.