KillerDac > General Information

Ozmillsy's KillerDAC

(1/24) > >>

ozmillsy:
Various bits and pieces have been coming together, and the KillerDAC build is about to begin.    I thought you all maybe interested in seeing progress photos as it gets built.

The main thing I've been waiting for is my case to arrive.    I really like the standard case, but I also like to be a little different (to give it that DIY feel about it  8) ), also I needed something slightly bigger to accomodate the large UTC CG-40 chokes I ordered. 

Scouring the web,  I found an amp case that looked big enough - and wasnt too costly, although the shipping was more than I'd like.   It arrived yesterday, and here are the first photos.

The unpacked case .......

Half assembled.....

Choke up close, plenty of room !!

This case is available from here (model A2001B-B, first in the list, [scroll down]):
http://www.vt4c.com/shop/program/main.php?cat_id=1&group_id=2&hit_cat=

The branding on the case comes off with alcohol.  Shipping was U$88 (by air), more than the cost of the case !! [grumble grumble]  but that's ok - worth it to have something slightly different, and big enough for my chokes.

Taking it up to Stevens this weekend, to start the Dac build.   Will keep you posted as it progresses.

gamve:
Nice Oz. The case looks great should come out very neat. I got a pair of 10Hry UTC chokes as well but christ they are rough compared with yours. Mine are 1750V rated. Wondering how they would physically size up against yours?

kajak12:
if you ever find yourself selling the chokes  I WILL TAKE THEM OF YOUR HANDS :P

ozmillsy:

--- Quote from: gamve on October 08, 2010, 09:07:04 PM ---I got a pair of 10Hry UTC chokes as well but christ they are rough compared with yours. Mine are 1750V rated. Wondering how they would physically size up against yours?

--- End quote ---
My 2 chokes came from different sources,  1 was rougher than the other (this is the good one, the other is already up at Stevens).  I hope they both sound the same.....  ???

The CG-40's are 90mm wide x 110mm high .

gamve:

--- Quote from: kajak12 on October 08, 2010, 09:36:43 PM ---if you ever find yourself selling the chokes  I WILL TAKE THEM OF YOUR HANDS :P

--- End quote ---

Any law against telling admin to bugger off politely?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version