KillerDac > Announcements

duelund caps issues

(1/12) > >>

kajak12:
i know of 3 caps failing in killer dacs caps will be replaced seems their is a quality control issue with the caps or a manufacturing fault.

Jehuty:
Yes, it happened to me once too. Any word from the manufacturer Mario?

Cheers,
William

kajak12:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on October 11, 2010, 08:00:08 PM ---Yes, it happened to me once too. Any word from the manufacturer Mario?

Cheers,
William

--- End quote ---
mike lenehan is taking care of it he sent a email off today we have to wait until its sorted out.i wish i didnt duelund caps but their is nothing else that does the magic. : :'( :'( :'(

Jehuty:
Sorry to hear that Mario, I hope things work out well then... I've been lucky with my Duelund caps so far (Steven replaced it with a new one before I bought my killerDAC). How did your caps fail? How long have you been running them?

kajak12:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on October 11, 2010, 08:15:12 PM ---Sorry to hear that Mario, I hope things work out well then... I've been lucky with my Duelund caps so far (Steven replaced it with a new one before I bought my killerDAC). How did your caps fail? How long have you been running them?

--- End quote ---
i was setting :' up my mates system with some ml1+R and  a sub it all started well then we started to hear a distortion in the midrange.
the volume would only work at the lower end of the scale.i thought his volume pot packed it,so i changed it and still we had no sound at louder levels.by swapping interconnects from left to right channel i worked out that its the dac.so i took it home got my multimeter out and tested for dc voltage on the output.left channel 0.00  right channel 51v dc.took the cap out and put in a auricap no more dc voltage on the channel.

my right channel is stuffed aswell but i have a input cap on my amp so i can still listen to music.

caps have  18 months usage  :'(  not to worry the main thing is it can be fixed thank god i know that dac inside and out ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version