General HIFI > Amplification (Pre/Power)

Rebuilding an Audio Note 300B SET amp

(1/5) > >>

tuyen:
This thread will be a slow one, so please be patient!

It's purpose is to document from start to finish my rebuild (possibly sporting a 'new' simpler circuit) of my old rusty AudioNote 300B SET kit amp.

Some photos to give you guys an idea.

Photo of the chassis I will probably reuse. I will reuse the all transformers.  I hope the Electraprint output transformers fit on the chassis. They are monsters!

Photo showing the model of the ElectraPrint OPT. These are meant to be pretty decent OPT for the 300B according to the VACUUM TUBE VALLEY's SE TRANSFORMER TEST (http://www.meta-gizmo.net/tri/vtv-se.html). They compare a whole range of OPT with a 300B SET amp. Good read!

Current innards of the amp. Few bits and pieces I can reuse.  The TKD 100K volume pot, few ELNA caps (metalic blue ones on the side), 2x 0.33uf Hovland musicaps, couple of Dearborn Glass caps,  47+47uf Blackgate Heart of Muse cap and few other blackgates and resistors.

Bunch of oil fill caps (most are GE 22.5uf). Oil fills are meant to work well but not sure how to fit them in the chassis...

Still deciding/unsure which circuit I will use though..

crazikid:
this is very cool tuyen.. i reckon that AN 300b has a lot of life in her... she just needs some tlc..

mcb:
Tuyen,

I continue to be fascinated with all your different projects.

Keep up all the good work.

flemo:
You keep doing it Tuyen, your threads are very interesting!

Are you sure you're not Mario's love child - Frankentuyen!! :D

kajak12:
now i need a new toy to play with   hmmmm  a mingda 34ab could be the answer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version