Author Topic: Lampizator transport info  (Read 14653 times)

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
Lampizator transport info
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
"Hi everyone. Today I finished my prototype of The LAmpizator Transport. It is a Hard Disk based product, with squeezebox duet PCB so it is seen by the computer as SQB. I took the excellent SQB board and installed it in the Lampizator chassis. I built a dedicated power supply to the SQB which makes a huge difference. Then I modded the PCB to take it to another level with oscon caps and S/PDIF outpt circuit mods. The digital signal is buffered and amplified by the TUBE output stage, using the fast radio-frequency tube 6H14. The output tube has a dedicated lampizator's power supply with tube rectifier.
The Transport has many outputs: original SQB solid state output, new tube output, and three I2S outputs: clock, LRCK and DATA.
There is a high end superclok on board, (MR-Clock MK2) with dedicated transformer and power supply.
By having both old and new outputs, you can test and choose one. Audio-Note now sells my digilampizator as their Level5 transport with great success. You can have it now for less than 1/10th of the A-N asking price plus HDD sounds better than their Philips Pro2 transport. Expected MSRP price will be 2000 Euro, including the SQB guts and Duet cool remote. The Squeezecenter software (free) controlls our music database and my transport hardware too.
Lukasz"
Interesting stuff , I think ;D
Listening with my ears :)

Offline mcb

• Liked: 6
Re: Lampizator transport info
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »
Thanks for posting Gordon

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »
any photos?
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:39 PM »
Not yet Mario , you should join his forum : http://lzdacowners.xtremeservers.at/index.php
Listening with my ears :)

Offline kajak12

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »
Not yet Mario , you should join his forum : http://lzdacowners.xtremeservers.at/index.php
joined ages ago ozcal
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

taken from lampizator site
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »
first review online from australia
Hi Lucas

Hi Lucas

I am the owner of the review transport.
It has got to be the most frustrating product i have ever used. I have been spending more time just to connect the thing to my library. There is not problem connecting to my network, but when it comes to connecting to my library, it is a nightmare. The problem has been getting worse. I have 2 libraries, one via my laptop, the other on my desktop. There was never any problems with my squeezebox duet before, so i know it is not the siganl strength from my router.

Like i said, i have purchased a new dlink 655 router which gives me great signal strength. The Lampizator with the antennae is not a good receiver.
I may be returning the unit to the importer for it is just getting too frustrating to just play music.

the good news is a new tested transport will be shipped i would love to hear one
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:09:45 PM by kajak12 »

Offline yoshio

• Liked: 0
Re: taken from lampizator site
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »
first review online from australia
Hi Lucas

Hi Lucas

I am the owner of the review transport.
It has got to be the most frustrating product i have ever used. I have been spending more time just to connect the thing to my library. There is not problem connecting to my network, but when it comes to connecting to my library, it is a nightmare. The problem has been getting worse. I have 2 libraries, one via my laptop, the other on my desktop. There was never any problems with my squeezebox duet before, so i know it is not the siganl strength from my router.

Like i said, i have purchased a new dlink 655 router which gives me great signal strength. The Lampizator with the antennae is not a good receiver.
I may be returning the unit to the importer for it is just getting too frustrating to just play music.

the good news is a new tested transport will be shipped i would love to hear one

Hi Kajak,

I will post the whole post here, just so people have a complete view, hope you don't mind :) A new replacement unit with fixed up wireless chip connection issues are currently being ready to sent to the owner.

From Australia:

"After a couple of weeks use, I am completely satisfied with the sound of the Lampizator transport, but not so with the operation of the squeezebox software.

I really dont know why a transport needs burning in, but the Lamp really began to sing after being left on for about a week. Before the burn in, the Lamp showed signs of greatness, but it highlighted the mids and the top end too much. It was dynamically explosive, but the emphasis on the mids and highs made it very tiring to listen to. Right now the Lamp has easily surpassed the Audio Gd CD 7 transport that i also have. The audio Gd is an excellent unit and one that i can highly recommend to anyone that is the market for a AUD$1200-$1500 transport. The audio GD also has that direct dynamic sound that was absent with my YBA 400 (CD Pro Transport) and Vecteur transport. The Lamp adds an extra level of directness and dynamics. The Lamp is also a very organic sounding transport that really gives a realistic soundstage.

The bonus with the Lamp is that it can play high rez files downloaded from sites such as HDTRACKS. I am really looking forward to the day that SACD titles will be available for downloads. The music from HDTRACKS is not really my cup of tea, but it serves to show how good HI Rez sounds. The proper high rez recordings from Chesky's is a real eye opener. I have never heard Digital sound soooo good. Mind you i have not compared a CD or LP versions of these tracks, but what i have heard so far is fantastic.

Now to the bad part of the review. The squeezebox functions are very temperamental. You can go away for a couple of hours and come back to the squeezebox with no connection to the music library, even though the squeezebox sees the network and the library. I find this quite frustrating, for you really have to allow about 5 mins to reconnect to the library. On one instance it wouldnt reconnect at all.

Overall the advantages of the sound quality outweigh the connectivity issues."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:10:53 AM by yoshio »

Offline wisnon

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »
On the Lamp forum it seems the problem was a faulty BNC connector and so easily fixed in the end.

"I think you are correct in that there may be a problem with the BNC connection. I have found out that the real signal strength is only 12%, which is very very low, considering that my laptop with no external antennae is over 90% at the same location."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:11:19 AM by wisnon »