Author Topic: Marantz CD85  (Read 28457 times)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: Marantz CD85
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »

I am also interested in how the CD85 will sound when I run I2S??  Many have said this open the sound up even more but it's hard to imagine that given how open my system sounds now with the ML1+R's and all the mod's done to the Mingda. The ML1's have by far the best imaging, clarity, control and openness of any speaker I have heard. But I have to admit I'm quite chuffed about where my system is at right now and how much more I can get out of it for not much outlay.

Cheers, flemo. 

Having heard your system recently, I find hard to understand why you would be chuffed ;D.

As posted elsewhere, I was well impressed and based on what I heard, if I was going back to a CDP for a transport, I would be seriously looking at a CD85 and getting the 'flemo mods" made to it.
A big part of flemo being chuffed is he can keep the system he is running now none of it is on loan ;D
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline flemo

• Liked: 22
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »
Yes that's right Mario, at last all the components in my system are mine!!  ;D

Gordon, it will be interesting to see how the CD85 sounds on your system.  As we know, what can perform well on one system may not sound so good on another.  It looks as though I may be getting a Dueland cap for the CD85 clock. That is something I am keen to hear because at least I will be able to finally get to listen to one in my system! Not like those who have them in their speakers, dac and CD clock!!  :P

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
Looking forward to the comparo too Pete. No real idea what the outcome will be but I have a feeling the 85 will be more musical.
Ps my system is sounding like poo at the mo as the Deulands (Alexanders) seem to have added an unwanted wireyness to the mids.

I will be looking forward to a report between the Marantz and the audio gd transports. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on the audio gd so please let me know what you think.

Brad , if you want to pop over on Sunday , you are welcome.
G
Listening with my ears :)

Offline Braddles

• Liked: 0
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
Looking forward to the comparo too Pete. No real idea what the outcome will be but I have a feeling the 85 will be more musical.
Ps my system is sounding like poo at the mo as the Deulands (Alexanders) seem to have added an unwanted wireyness to the mids.

I will be looking forward to a report between the Marantz and the audio gd transports. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on the audio gd so please let me know what you think.

Brad , if you want to pop over on Sunday , you are welcome.
G

Thanks Gordon i just might. What time are we talking?

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »
Bout 1pm
Listening with my ears :)

tuyen

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Closed as requested by OP.