Author Topic: Where does one obtain a KillerDac?  (Read 35586 times)

wkhanna

Re: Where does one obtain a KillerDac?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm Dan's friend and I'm from Pittsburgh, too.

Dan has helped me with his 'golden ears' over the years to fine-tune my system.
My priority is 2ch vinyl. I have a MMF-7 turntable with a Pro-Ject Speed Box, AT150MLX Cartridge feeding a Heavily Modified Carver C-19 Hybrid Pre-Amp with integral Tube Phono section attenuated by a Rotel RB-1090 Amp. My speakers are "the Twins" - a Jon Marsh design, 68 Liter Towers I built myself.

After hearing files of digital hi-res recordings made from vinyl that Dan downloaded on his hard drive and ran thru his system I am convinced that I can obtain 99% of the sound quality of my LP’s by ripping them to my hard drive. We have already experimented with my system and ripped some vinyl tracks, but I don’t have a good DAC for playback.

We are both very interested in this DAC.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »
Guys, welcome to the forum.

FYI, Steven is on holiday now so you might need to wait til he comes back in about two weeks time, kajak12 or the others might be able to help however...
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 10:27:36 PM »
Welcome to kd forum regarding our dac it only does 16bit using tda1541 so high rez files are out of the question until we find a chip which does 24/192 and delivers music like the tda1541.
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline mekr

• Liked: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 02:23:03 AM »
Welcome to kd forum regarding our dac it only does 16bit using tda1541 so high rez files are out of the question until we find a chip which does 24/192 and delivers music like the tda

Kajak,   On the net i was reading about AD 18Bit DAC,being employed by audionote uk ,also sounds  fantastic

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 01:20:17 AM »
Welcome to kd forum regarding our dac it only does 16bit using tda1541 so high rez files are out of the question until we find a chip which does 24/192 and delivers music like the tda

Kajak,   On the net i was reading about AD 18Bit DAC,being employed by audionote uk ,also sounds  fantastic
i have heard the latest audio note dac at the melbourne hifi show very good but the $$$$ asked for it is another matter
ps:i will keep my killer dac
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time