Author Topic: resistors  (Read 40066 times)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
resistors
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:53:29 PM »
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
Re: resistors
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
No not tried them but they certainly look interesting particularly the bit about a high pulse rating as music is composed of lots of pulses in varying intensities and frequencies.  Do you know minimum order numbers and available values (wattage and resistance)? ;D
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »
No not tried them but they certainly look interesting particularly the bit about a high pulse rating as music is composed of lots of pulses in varying intensities and frequencies.  Do you know minimum order numbers and available values (wattage and resistance)? ;D
ni idea but a email can find this info out and we can order a batch to try if anybody is intrested
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline PET-240

• Liked: 0
  • looks alot like hard work.....
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Hey Kajak,

Have sent an email requesting info on which to use for the audio and powersupply.

Cheers,

Drew.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »
Hey Kajak,

Have sent an email requesting info on which to use for the audio and powersupply.

Cheers,

Drew.
hello drew how is your terra dak going?
drew from what i have learned its a combination of parts that creates synergy and depending on your system and preference is what you use.
audio note tantulum,takman,shinkoh,vishays allen bradely  choose your poison

Offline PET-240

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:50 AM »
Heya Mario,

Currently nowhere, no time with work, moving etc. Me not having an actual system at this stage doesn't help, lots of plans, not enough time. Have some Obligatto caps to try, both coupling and psu filtering, have built a little pre from a kit, will be waiting till the lad is in his new home before I get to really have a listen, but even downstairs on radio it sounds very promising.......and I'm collecting bits for a killlerdac that I may never actually get but now is a good time for bits.......
Hows the little one going? Looks like I will be in the same boat in a few(8) months. Still coming to terms with that!
We have things to try with the little dac, separate supplies to the different channels, try I2s into it at some point, make sure the clock is doing what it is supposed to, your little clock uses the same oscillator the dac has, can you pas onto the boy what you are doing please, so be interesting to see what a clean  supply will do, now I have a CD94 to play on, just need amps and speakers, and a way to show the wife what I already have in stock from years of buying but no playing..........oh the mastercard look I'm gonna get......

Offline kajak12

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »
Heya Mario,

Currently nowhere, no time with work, moving etc. Me not having an actual system at this stage doesn't help, lots of plans, not enough time. Have some Obligatto caps to try, both coupling and psu filtering, have built a little pre from a kit, will be waiting till the lad is in his new home before I get to really have a listen, but even downstairs on radio it sounds very promising.......and I'm collecting bits for a killlerdac that I may never actually get but now is a good time for bits.......
Hows the little one going? Looks like I will be in the same boat in a few(8) months. Still coming to terms with that!
We have things to try with the little dac, separate supplies to the different channels, try I2s into it at some point, make sure the clock is doing what it is supposed to, your little clock uses the same oscillator the dac has, can you pas onto the boy what you are doing please, so be interesting to see what a clean  supply will do, now I have a CD94 to play on, just need amps and speakers, and a way to show the wife what I already have in stock from years of buying but no playing..........oh the mastercard look I'm gonna get......

8 months thats great its the best feeling until they get older and piss you off
the boy knows all my secrets :P

Offline PET-240

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »
And then they get mobile with fingers! Can you lock the room?

Offline kajak12

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14:57 AM »
i have a child barrier plan to solve my problem

Offline PET-240

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 12:23:34 AM »
Doesn't have four legs and a heartbeat and require feeding does it?

Offline kajak12

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »
Doesn't have four legs and a heartbeat and require feeding does it?
i have one of them as well all i need is a cat and some birds.

Offline PET-240

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
Recommend Burmese Cats, we have two, they are like the dogs of the cat world, actually want to come and talk and be with you, very cool!
Get a stuffed bird, won't try to copy the music from the stereo..........and they don't number two which is, well. Good?
Kicked off a system thread, hope to keep me a bit more motivated.....

Offline kajak12

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
my dog dont like cats  :D

Offline omodo

• Liked: 104
  • Green tinted glow
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
what, they don't sh!t? amazing

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Liked: 3
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:39 AM »
Anybody any experience with the brand new type graphite/silver resistors of Duelund...
Besides that they are black color they are twice the price of the already good ones...

Only Partsconnexion seems to sell them...not even visible on the Duelund website... ???

I am quite interested in the 1.8 Ohm version approx. 10 Watt... ;D

tuyen

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:39 AM »
Intact Audio custom wound resistors.

http://www.intactaudio.com/res.html

Going to try a pair for the R-Load resistor on the dddac which apparently is very critical ;)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00:16 PM »
Ha  ;D
What??? A $50 resistor??? Are you guys smoking crack???

That's a funny statement to find on the manufactures website but kind of echos the initial train of thought!
This must be even more stimulus to wind your own surely (stop calling me Shirley) Mario??
Smoked any pancakes and a waffle lately  ;)
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 12:15:40 AM »
Ha  ;D
What??? A $50 resistor??? Are you guys smoking crack???

That's a funny statement to find on the manufactures website but kind of echos the initial train of thought!
This must be even more stimulus to wind your own surely (stop calling me Shirley) Mario??
Smoked any pancakes and a waffle lately  ;)
V
$50 is nothing  with 20k for drivers  ;)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 12:58:15 AM »
Agreed

But look how many resistors are in an average product and it all gets very expensive all too easily hence why manufacturers use 0.5 cent rubbish.

What??? A $50 resistor??? Are you guys smoking crack???  Still think this is funny for a manufacture to put on thier webpage, well done guys!
V