General HIFI > Amplification (Pre/Power)

How to Build a killer Amp

(1/37) > >>

stevenvalve:
Here are some pictures of the single ended class a triode amp, that i have finally finished. It runs, any of these tubes, 50-45 type tubes (RCA 250s Cunningham 350s PX25s- PX4s- RCA 245 45s) The driver tubes are Mullard- ECC32,or RCA-5691s,or 6SL7s, rectifier tubes are GEC Genalex- U52,  GEC- 5U4G, or nearly any rectifier tube. This is a full on unit, the parts are not cheap. but you can use want ever parts you like. This amp has choke input. I will show you how to make one, or more, if you want to build the best there is, but you need efficient speakers, you will have 2- 4.6 watts to play with. PX25s about 8-10 watts.  More soon, if there is any interest. How will it sound. Unsurpassed Magic.

tuyen:
Hi Steve,

Just creamed my pants.

Cheers,
Tuyen

ozcal:
Beautiful work Steven.
Looking forward to learning from you.
Gordon

crazikid:
sweet jesus.. look at all that unobtainium...

gamve:
Hi Steve,
Will be watching this thread for developments and eagerly await your instructions. Jezz have a couple of sets of speakers crying out for this type of amplification. Some 16 ohm Tannoys, enclosures and cross overs not yet built and some Coral flat 10's. I still might chase the axiom 80's that are here locally and get them up to standard. Very kind of you to share your extensive knowledge on these amps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version