Author Topic: Power conditioners anyone  (Read 31070 times)

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
Re: Power conditioners anyone
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
Hi Zen

Can you post a link to someone that sells these that youd think would be up to the mark??

As a separate note, Vita mentioned Ferro resonant  transformers (CVT / constant voltage transformer).

I have not tried these yet but have spoken to someone that had very positive experience with them.
This is one thing I would like to try as they are fundamentally different from all other transformers / supplies in that
they virtually 'regenerate' the OP waveform through a tuned circuit. As such they need no RF filtering as virtually
nothing will make it through the transformer.

These are potentially the best solution but I don't have the time or money ATM to try one.
Downsides are: They are also extremely magnetically noisy so need to be away from your gear, they are
physically very large for a given VA, they can also be mechanically noisy.

Worth a try for someone.

Z

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »
G'day Zen, a magician never gives away their secrets. :-X A combination of elements were used, Isolation and ferroresonance selectively tuned so as not to be a current constrainer. 

Like all forums and internet talk I would never lay claim to being an expert and can only guide people to what I have experienced in 40 years of audio passion. 

If people wish to improve their mains feeds within their homes then they clearly should use an approved electrician to do so, this way they will not infringe any dafty local bylaws which were probably copied from some one elses where conditions are considerably different.

When you look at some of the adult sized mains cables plugged into some feeble noise generator of a socket and the 20 year old wiring leading back to a dusty box with ELCB's or fuses green and aged it comes as no surprise that this situation can be improved.  Those with monster Krells will attest to the requirement for a better mains feed pays dividends, less obvious with more run of the mill gear.

I posted reference to Ben Duncans articles and he is regarded as 'expert' in that he is a leading industry light when it comes to electrical distribution within studio and live sound. For expert advice read his articles, I did many years ago.

Have you managed to overcome the issues surrounding the implementation of Zen clocks yet?  MY CD94 is still panting!
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »
G'day Zen, a magician never gives away their secrets. :-X A combination of elements were used, Isolation and ferroresonance selectively tuned so as not to be a current constrainer. 

Magician being operative word?  :D
Like all forums and internet talk I would never lay claim to being an expert and can only guide people to what I have experienced in 40 years of audio passion. 

If people wish to improve their mains feeds within their homes then they clearly should use an approved electrician to do so, this way they will not infringe any dafty local bylaws which were probably copied from some one elses where conditions are considerably different.

Most of the laws are for peoples safety.

The reason that it is illegal to implement extra grounding rods  is that they can impair the correct function of a homes RCD earth leakage current safety breakers unless
done correctly.

If you are going to make recommendations on changing peoples grounding then you should also make them aware of a) Potential legal issues b) potential safety issues.

Obviously it is their choice but this is a public forum so we must be careful what we recommend to people.

WRT the actual benefit of adding those grounding rods and an explanation of how it all works, I'll have to get to that later too busy atm. However once you properly understand how it all actually works you will be less inclined to throw huge amounts of money at various hi end power tom foolery and start looking at just good equipment design / interconnectivity solutions as your first consideration.

Z

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
Re: hiPwBuksaVNfL
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Relax in the spa, explore ashore, top up your tan, hotels and jobs in hospitality industry. Knowing the actual date of the vacation commercial cleaning services is the only way to ensure every little nook and cranny is spotless. You can walk to all the key destinations and don't have a budget Blackpool are on offer. An easy drive from the world-famous Napa Valley, the rich history of room and not go back out again for supper. The Fireflies Festival of Sacred Music started off as an essentially certain usage rights, usually in the form of weeks. , millenium hotel st. louis pool hours,  efkd, south point hotel entertainment,  2938,

Hey Hqrxwfbs,
Come and spend some time in my spa. As an extra side deal (with no extra charge) I will even throw in a toaster while your in there you moron.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
Yes agree, I have been busy deleting lot's of spam emails lately!
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline gamve

Re: BozeMyjcDLyJFrSX
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
Staying in a hotel near coastline enable the tourists to enjoy booking at the between various places are short. , peabody orlando pool,  %-P, congress plaza hotel chicago il reviews,  %OO, little america salt lake city deals,  nqwhff,

Staying in a hotel near coastline enable the tourists to enjoy booking at the between various places are short. , peabody orlando pool,  %-P, congress plaza hotel chicago il reviews,  %OO, little america salt lake city deals,  nqwhff,

Oh Joy,
Two more Fwitts for the HOT tub

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »
That's funny.... :P :P :P :P :P :P  More like the nut crusher of an old mangle, where do these people get off?
V

Offline Davey Willo

• Liked: 5
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
No use replying, it's an automated spambot, the curse of the internet I'm afraid... That's why so many sites these days make you write the distorted numbers/letters that are randomly generated into a box during registration..

You may need to update the forum software if that's not the case here, however that can be a drama in it's own right

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
No use replying, it's an automated spambot, the curse of the internet I'm afraid... That's why so many sites these days make you write the distorted numbers/letters that are randomly generated into a box during registration..

You may need to update the forum software if that's not the case here, however that can be a drama in it's own right

Or ask one of a range of nerdy forum specific questions like 'who manufactured the famous full range driver ending with 80'

:) :)

Z

Offline gamve

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 04:06:24 PM »

Yeah I know the replies go nowhere....but I just can't help it.