Author Topic: Speaker cables  (Read 29373 times)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: Speaker cables
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
neotech wire is fantastic clarity and smoothness also  the texture timbre of music i must say people should try it asap.
THANKS DATA  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mario,  what was the cable topology?   2 strands twisted?
This wire i use from my volumepot to the tag board (where my input to grid of the tube is) i have 2 strands untwisted only about 6cm long for each channel
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline braddo

• Liked: 2
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
;)  So no takers on using cat 4, 5 or 6 as interconnect.  I have tried it and it's a NO from me, speaker cables in multiple runs are just OK, nothing more.
V

Wow what an interesting subject. I got my hands on rolls of different awg solid core cable and I've been experimenting a bit with IC straight from DAC to preamp then straight to headphones and this is addictive. I can understand how equipment matching can be critical, but i'm at the point where I'll have a different cable for what mood I'm in I'm not joking, and I haven't scratched the surface yet.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
;)  So no takers on using cat 4, 5 or 6 as interconnect.  I have tried it and it's a NO from me, speaker cables in multiple runs are just OK, nothing more.
V

Wow what an interesting subject. I got my hands on rolls of different awg solid core cable and I've been experimenting a bit with IC straight from DAC to preamp then straight to headphones and this is addictive. I can understand how equipment matching can be critical, but i'm at the point where I'll have a different cable for what mood I'm in I'm not joking, and I haven't scratched the surface yet.
Enjoy your journey of wire  :D  your not classified as crazy until you dream about wires
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline braddo

• Liked: 2
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »
Knocking off work early to go for A beer? No, knocking off early to make a different set of IC's ???

Hahaha well this has been my life the last 3 weeks not crazy *yet*. :P

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:15 AM »
This wire i use from my volumepot to the tag board (where my input to grid of the tube is) i have 2 strands untwisted only about 6cm long for each channel
Ok, you haven't tried it for interconnects yet?

I plan to try the neotech for both speaker wire and interconnects.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
V

Enjoy your journey of wire  :D  your not classified as crazy until you dream about wires
Damn, that's me certifiable then.  Try making up 20 sets of interconnects out of an incredibly difficult geometry to strip and you try and dream up ways of doing it quicker and easier!
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Neotech is en route.   Got some 20awg for speaker runs, and 24awg to make a pair of interconnects. 

Offline kajak12

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
Neotech is en route.   Got some 20awg for speaker runs, and 24awg to make a pair of interconnects. 
keep us informed making interconnects with that wire crossed my mind many times

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
Running the 20awg neotech wire as speaker cabling ATM,  2m on each side,  simple twisted run.  Been running all afternoon.  It's sounding very nice, on my system it's an improvement over the multi strand I was using, the neotech has a more solid foundation and a sense of openness.

No nasties anywhere that I can hear.   Good value recommendation.  [thumbs up]

Offline springcreek

• Liked: 84
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
Nice, will have to try it...would like to get the Nordost out of my system.

Cheers

Offline data

• Liked: 24
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
I have the Neotech in phono stage, signal wire in my amp, speaker cables and IC's now.

I love this wire  :D

IC's I didn't make myself, got them from Geoff on the bay as at $90 & $100 a pair with Eichmann terminations it would cost me that to make myself.

With using this wire for speaker cables, try different ways of construction, I found the negative and positive runs had too much field influence on each other in a straight twist together, and reducing that influence they have on each other results in a more open, less congested sound. Oh! I found a little of that interaction of the fields seems to be positive but too much is not, for myself and system anyhow.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:09:12 AM by data »

Offline YoungSC

• Liked: 1
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
I get it from an ebay seller, he has even recently joined SNA, nice fellow that loves his tubes and owns one of Eric's amps.

I like this for hook-up and maybe ICs http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Neotech-UPOCC-Solid-Core-7N-Copper-24AWG-Blue-Teflon-/220867876913?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item336cc05831

And this might be good for speaker wire http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Neotech-UPOCC-Solid-Core-7N-Copper-20AWG-BLACK-Teflon-/220933770433?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item3370adccc1

He also carries a pure silver, but I don't want to offend Mario by linking that   :P

Just be careful not to mark the wire when cutting the Teflon insulator, as it can lead to the a brake in the wire.

Has anyone tried these for speaker cable?

I was considering buying some of the 24awg to make interconnects and was wondering if this size would also be suitable for speaker cables running Fostex full rangers above 200Hz.  Would I need the 20awg for this, or would the 24awg suffice?

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
I'm using 20awg neotech for speaker wire to my tannoys, and am liking it.   Sounds better than the other options I have [1mm solid core (bunnings), jaycar multi,  and thick ribbon cables].

Am also using the all copper Aurealis ic's between preamp and power amp, and really like them, am about to buy another set or 2 of these ic's.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:31:11 PM by ozmillsy »