General HIFI > Room Treatments & Tweaks

Music room essentials

(1/2) > >>

vitavoxdude:
Strange how no body has added to the earlier posting.  :o

The biggest single factor effecting your muisc replay system after the crappy AC mains and equipment supports (forgetting interconnects etc) is YOUR ROOM.  ::)

Put a 200 K AUD system into a batroom and viola, an instant crappy sound.  :'(
Put a Phillips mini system into a large vaulted ceiling balanced room and oh my God, it sounds reasonable.  :-[

Aussie rooms in general tend to be on the large size but they tend to be very reflective.
Surley other peoples experiances in achieving a good sound in these rooms is invaluable.
I am moving this link into a new one as I beleive you lot are short changing yourselves.
V

ozmillsy:
Hey V,  what is your room dimensions/shape?     It all starts there,  treatments are secondary.

flemo:
Here's the pic's of the of my rear wall music room.

These are the last of the acoustic panels I have left after removing all the others.

vitavoxdude:
Hi Flemo

You removed al the others?  So did they destroy or detract from youe enjoying your music?  The panels in the image look very elegant, what are they filled with?
V

vitavoxdude:
Hi millsy   ;D

Room when completed will be 11 x 6 x 2.7m, not a golden ratio but real life.  It will be all orientated around audio so no compromises for domestic harmony, price however does come into it. Mains feed not ideal but I do not intend running multiple Krells in there.
V

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version