Author Topic: Lampizator DAC  (Read 83301 times)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: Lampizator DAC
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
thats great news i hope we can have a listen perth one day  :P
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:03:41 AM »
yoshio, so are you a dealer then?
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline yoshio

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »
Hi Kajak,

Will get one and send down to Perth for you guys to have a listen, it will be fun.

Jayden

Offline yoshio

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
Hi Vitavoxdude,

Yes, will be the distributor here, but still pending some document to be signed.

Jayden

Offline kajak12

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
http://lampizator.eu/szop/szopproducts/dac/dacstory.html 
great read cant wait to listen (silver wire with teflon??????)
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Hi Jayden  ;D

Well done mate if you get the agency.
So what sort of price are you expecting the DAC to retail for?
Where are you based?
From placing order how long will it be before delivery?
What DAC chip will the unit be sold with?
Any plans for introducing a transport to go with it?
Will the DAC have an I2s input or SPDIF only?

thanks
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline yoshio

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »
Hi Vitavoxdude,

The price of the LDAC will not be that far off from the retail price from Lampizator website, in fact I just sold a level 4 DAC.
I will try to post the complete price list later tonight.
After payment for order, it will be around 5 days for the unit to be made and deliver, then it will be another few more days before arriving Australia.
I am based in Melbourne.
The DAC chip itself remain a trade secret, all I can say is, it will not be any of the off-the-shelf DAC chip that you can get.
I am working on a high res transport that will go well with the DAC.
The LDAC will not have i2s, Fikus explain that I2s is not standard protocol so he rather no to have that options in the DAC.

Regards,
Jayden

Offline kajak12

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
http://lzdacowners.xtremeservers.at/index.php

a lampizator dac forum now thats interesting

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading Lukasz site and various CDP works,   his writing style is colourful,  he's passionate and opinionated, 2 qualities I like.

I look forward to hearing about Lampizator dac's down under.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline yoshio

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading Lukasz site and various CDP works,   his writing style is colourful,  he's passionate and opinionated, 2 qualities I like.

Yes, thats one of the reason I am so eager to bring his creation down, though not every single things he said I agree  ;)

Offline kajak12

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading Lukasz site and various CDP works,   his writing style is colourful,  he's passionate and opinionated, 2 qualities I like.

Yes, thats one of the reason I am so eager to bring his creation down, though not every single things he said I agree  ;)
bingo jayden i dont agree with him on everything but he is a inspiration and opened my eyes to the world of tweaking,modding after all what do you expect from a polish bloke ;D
with silver wire will be interesting how he managed to get timbre from the dac

Offline yoshio

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »
Finally hear the level 4 Lampizator an hour ago!

Offline yoshio

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »
Hear it today again at Keith place, I must say based on mho this ldac got all the attribute that I have been looking for. Not to bored you guys with all the audiophiles terms but basically it got wonderful tone, gorgeous mid range, it's so dynamic and yet so delicate. Piano sounding so full with nice vibration of the tone, mid range has excellent presence sounding so realistic and emotional. The bass is nice and deep, really deep.

Due to the unit has less than an hour on it, high frequent details is loosing abit, but I was told it has since been improve. Fikus has done a wonderful job on his valve output stage, the noise floor is so slow I can't hear any hissing from my sensitive GOTO.

All in all Im a happy man

Offline Hens

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
So who was the lucky owner of the ldac? Kieth?

Offline yoshio

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
Hi hens,

This level 4 dac belongs to dumptydum in the forum  :)

Jayden

Offline kajak12

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
Hear it today again at Keith place, I must say based on mho this ldac got all the attribute that I have been looking for. Not to bored you guys with all the audiophiles terms but basically it got wonderful tone, gorgeous mid range, it's so dynamic and yet so delicate. Piano sounding so full with nice vibration of the tone, mid range has excellent presence sounding so realistic and emotional. The bass is nice and deep, really deep.

Due to the unit has less than an hour on it, high frequent details is loosing abit, but I was told it has since been improve. Fikus has done a wonderful job on his valve output stage, the noise floor is so slow I can't hear any hissing from my sensitive GOTO.

its about time you run it against all the audio gd dacs

Offline yoshio

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 09:09:12 AM »

Uhmm, I don't know anyone around me that has a Audio GD DAC...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:15:20 AM by yoshio »

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

Different kettle of fish.

AGD = chinese SS mass manufactured ****.

Lampizator = work of art that has had a long, laboured developement.

Probably a more appropriate comparison would be to a killerDAC and  a top level PDX.

Terry

Offline yoshio

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »

Different kettle of fish.

AGD = chinese SS mass manufactured ****.

Lampizator = work of art that has had a long, laboured developement.

Probably a more appropriate comparison would be to a killerDAC and  a top level PDX.

Terry

Hi Terry,

That is something I am looking forward to. I have yet to know someone that has Killerdac in Melbourne that interested to do a shootout.

Jayden