Author Topic: Lampizator DAC  (Read 83377 times)

Offline yoshio

• Liked: 0
Re: Lampizator DAC
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
Kajak you are a superstar - jetting around the country testing DACs  :D :D

Ask them to throw in dinner at vuedemonde    http://www.vuedemonde.com.au/imagegallery/the_lui_bar/   

Was there last week and did the degustation 10 course meal - recommended  :P

Looks really good, were you here at Melbourne last week?

Offline yoshio

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »
Maybe you guys take the Lamp to WA,  and introduce a number of the locals to the Lamp.

Mario or 1 of the other westerners on here would be more than happy to host a large GTG, if nothing else, it may be a great PR opportunity.   You'll get more exposure that way,  than paying for an airfare to Melb.

Whether you choose to do a comparo as part of the GTG,  or outside of it,  would depend on your courage.   ;)

Hi Ozmillsy,

It does sounds like good idea, unfortunately 1 ticket is always cheaper than 2 tickets.

It's not something that we can afford now for just bringing the Lampizator down, maybe down the road.

I know that Killerdac sounds amazing, I have no doubt, so winning or loosing doesn't bother me. I am more interested in the sound.

Cheers,
Jayden

Offline yoshio

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2012, 10:59:46 PM »

wow wow free air fare how can this be done??????????????????????
easy simple answer the lampizator is struggling to make it in australia we are all aware of it and so are the people selling it that is why they are offering free air fare to take on a killer dac
Yosio bryan in melbourne has a kileer dac and some horns also take your lampi and run against his kdac, but be warned the kdac is only available in level 1 we haven't progressed to level 5 yet
My dac is not moveble as most parts are outside the box and it feeds on a marantz cd94 (zenclock) not some poxy computer audio modded sb

LOL, lets calm down Kajak. I am just surprise that our good gesture kind of upset you, sorry about that.

Lets face it, how can flying you down improve the sales of Lampizator? No matter how good you said it is, there will probably still no sales. On the side note, none of us survive by selling Lampizator, its just a side business - We do have full time job as well as other business and venture. HIFI is a hobby to me, product that I represent is what I think sounded good and unique and hope that by bringing in here, others will have a chance to listen to instead of buying blindly.

I know Bryan has a Killerdac, but he did told me that is not a full Killerdac, but of course I don't know how to qualify a full killerdac. If he like to have a listen to Lampizator on his system, I am more than happy to drop by and have a great session with some drinks together - but not otherwise - "Hi Brian, can I come down with Lampizator to compare and see which DAC wins?" - not interested!.

The point is, I am not interested carrying around a DAC to difference place and see who win. There will be no end to this sort of non-fruitful activity. Obviously, if someone interested to have a listen to Lampizator, we try our best to facilitate that. And at this point of time, we thought that having you over is cheaper and more productive.

Anyway to answer your question - NO, its not the modded SB, I just cant remember the transport name. It's a modded professional CD transport used in broadcast and studio industries.

I can fully understand if your DAC is not movable - no worries mate.

Cheers,
Jayden

Offline wisnon

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
Maybe you guys take the Lamp to WA,  and introduce a number of the locals to the Lamp.

Mario or 1 of the other westerners on here would be more than happy to host a large GTG, if nothing else, it may be a great PR opportunity.   You'll get more exposure that way,  than paying for an airfare to Melb.

Whether you choose to do a comparo as part of the GTG,  or outside of it,  would depend on your courage.   ;)

Hey, they are offering free air fare, do you guys match that offer? LoL
easy simple answer the lampizator is struggling to make it in australia we are all aware of it and so are the people selling it that is why they are offering free air fare to take on a killer dac
Yosio bryan in melbourne has a kileer dac and some horns also take your lampi and run against his kdac, but be warned the kdac is only available in level 1 we haven't progressed to level 5 yet
My dac is not moveble as most parts are outside the box and it feeds on a marantz cd94 (zenclock) not some poxy computer audio modded sb

LoL, I read it in a Polish Review and got it confirmed from Lukasz himself. The entire Lampizator production for the remainder of 2012 is already spoken for from existing orders. Lukas is more concerned about supply, rather than demand, at this point.

You are cracking me up....looking a gift horse straight in the mouth. You set so many conditions and when they seem to be fulfilled you say your KD is not movable. I would have thought that would have been your FIRST response.

Pity, personally I would have enjoyed reading your honest impressions.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2012, 11:59:16 PM »

LoL, I read it in a Polish Review and got it confirmed from Lukasz himself. The entire Lampizator production for the remainder of 2012 is already spoken for from existing orders. Lukas is more concerned about supply, rather than demand, at this point.

You are cracking me up....looking a gift horse straight in the mouth. You set so many conditions and when they seem to be fulfilled you say your KD is not movable. I would have thought that would have been your FIRST response.

If i wanted i can get one made watson just for the occasion much easier for yoshio to see bryan in melbourne.
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »

I know Bryan has a Killerdac, but he did told me that is not a full Killerdac, but of course I don't know how to qualify a full killerdac. If he like to have a listen to Lampizator on his system, I am more than happy to drop by and have a great session with some drinks together - but not otherwise - "Hi Brian, can I come down with Lampizator to compare and see which DAC wins?" - not interested!.

The point is, I am not interested carrying around a DAC to difference place and see who win. There will be no end to this sort of non-fruitful activity. Obviously, if someone interested to have a listen to Lampizator, we try our best to facilitate that. And at this point of time, we thought that having you over is cheaper and more productive.

Anyway to answer your question - NO, its not the modded SB, I just cant remember the transport name. It's a modded professional CD transport used in broadcast and studio industries.

Cheers,
Jayden

Good to hear no sb modded, just ask bryan i am sure he won't mind infact he might buy one you never know..................
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:13:16 AM by kajak12 »
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »

Ask how many have been sold in australia my guess is 1

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2012, 12:19:22 AM »

LOL, lets calm down Kajak. I am just surprise that our good gesture kind of upset you, sorry about that.

Lets face it, how can flying you down improve the sales of Lampizator? No matter how good you said it is, there will probably still no sales. On the side note, none of us survive by selling Lampizator, its just a side business - We do have full time job as well as other business and venture. HIFI is a hobby to me, product that I represent is what I think sounded good and unique and hope that by bringing in here, others will have a chance to listen to instead of buying blindly.

Cheers,
Jayden
I would be very interested in hearing the lamp DAC. If you can send me one to listen too, i will pay the postage here and back to you. I think i know its sound via the parts he uses, and it may just be my kind of sound.  The 6 people i know that  have heard one, seem very cool on it, but that means nothing to me, most do not ever listen to real live unamplified music anyway.

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2012, 12:35:09 AM »
I am always amazed at how emotive people get about HIFI, if you tell someone you are not impressed with there product or equipment, for them its like a death in the family, no wonder so many of the best Stereo guru guys i know, do not want to know about audiophiles.  I wonder do we have psychological problems.

Offline data

• Liked: 24
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2012, 01:00:38 AM »
I guess as something that we are/get so involved with, it then in a sense becomes an extension of ourselves, so when the system is attacked! we feel attacked!  :o

Meh, a possible explanation *shrugs*  :D

Offline wisnon

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
I am always amazed at how emotive people get about HIFI, if you tell someone you are not impressed with there product or equipment, for them its like a death in the family, no wonder so many of the best Stereo guru guys i know, do not want to know about audiophiles.  I wonder do we have psychological problems.

Quite frankly,

There is a lot of good stuff out there and perceptions are also subjective.
While I love the sound of the Lampi, I can tell that the other boutique DACs like the KD and PDX, the high end like the PBD, dCS and the (less expensive Berk Alpha 2/Zanden) as well as the new NAD M51 all seem to be wonderful performers.

Horses for courses...

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »
Hehe.     :D

I'm suggesting the airfare is better used on themselves, as a marketing/PR exercise for the Lamp.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
Hi Ozmillsy,

It does sounds like good idea, unfortunately 1 ticket is always cheaper than 2 tickets.

You both don't need to go, just 1 ticket is required.

Instead of paying 1 airfare to demonstrate the Lamp to Mario.   You could pay 1 airfare to demonstrate the Lamp to 20 westerners.

Better value for money.     

I agree with you in principle that shootouts are not what hifi should be all about.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

LOL !!!!!    That's a given.    :-\  ???

My wife accused me of such problems, when I arrived home with the tannoys.  To her it looked like junk.        8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:47:00 AM by ozmillsy »

Offline wisnon

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »

I'm suggesting the airfare is better used on themselves, as a marketing/PR exercise for the Lamp.

That my be, but if I were in Perth and had the time, I would jump on that offer. It would be fun!

Offline kajak12

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2012, 11:33:29 AM »

That my be, but if I were in Perth and had the time, I would jump on that offer. It would be fun!
Jump on a plane you will learn a lot i will demo for you just how bad relays are in a volume control or a power supply's not to mention of the shelf power switches the kdac has custom diy made power switches fitted.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
Maybe you guys take the Lamp to WA,  and introduce a number of the locals to the Lamp.

Mario or 1 of the other westerners on here would be more than happy to host a large GTG, if nothing else, it may be a great PR opportunity.   You'll get more exposure that way,  than paying for an airfare to Melb.

Whether you choose to do a comparo as part of the GTG,  or outside of it,  would depend on your courage.   ;)

Hi Ozmillsy,

It's not something that we can afford now for just bringing the Lampizator down, maybe down the road.

I know that Killerdac sounds amazing, I have no doubt, so winning or loosing doesn't bother me. I am more interested in the sound.

Cheers,
Jayden
Yosio if you wanted exposure for the lampi perth is a good place to do it we are in a mining boom with cashed up people i am sure i can get heaps of ears together to listen to the lampi.
Is this new transport available to the public made by lampi?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:40:05 AM by kajak12 »

Offline wisnon

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »

Jump on a plane you will learn a lot i will demo for you just how bad relays are in a volume control or a power supply's not to mention of the shelf power switches the kdac has custom diy made power switches fitted.
Sure, just send me airfare from Europe to Oz and I will gladly oblige. LoL

The vol control is made of a step ladder of resistors, not relays. The feedback from the few users I know is extremely positive.

The owner of the Rowen brand here in CH has lectured me on the evils of relays in amps. Redgum audio also has a decent write up of the same.

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

LOL !!!!!    That's a given.    :-\  ???

My wife accused me of such problems, when I arrived home with the tannoys.  To her it looked like junk.        8)
Well I had 20 odd years of quality hi-fi  retail expereince and I think one thing that most hi-fi buffs share is a degree of obssesive compulsive behaviour. Add in a generous dollop of neurosis and a perfectionist attitude and you have it fairly well covered  :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:55:50 AM by ozcal »
Listening with my ears :)

Offline kajak12

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
Hehe.     :D

Sure, just send me airfare from Europe to Oz and I will gladly oblige. LoL

The vol control is made of a step ladder of resistors, not relays. The feedback from the few users I know is extremely positive.

The owner of the Rowen brand here in CH has lectured me on the evils of relays in amps. Redgum audio also has a decent write up of the same.
http://diysoundlab.com/
relays would be used in the input selection circuit,hmmmmm nfg and the resistors most smd (sh!t) the board copper tracks very thin also no good imho good enough for some i guess high end ?????  
- Ultra-Precisionon low noise resistor attenuator utilizes latest technology Japanese resistors, designed for ultra-sensitive and medical equipment. Chosen after months of research, those low inductance surface mount resistors are better performers in high-end audio than other military grade resistors, unless your equipment supposed to work in burning fire or fly inside a missile, which really doesn’t require good audio reproduction... oh lucas we have very different hearing and experience
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:04:44 PM by kajak12 »