KillerDac > General Information

BIG thanks to Hedalfa! and the rest of the KD crew.

(1/5) > >>

braddo:
I gotta give a *huge* thanks to Hedalfa (Paul) who visited my place on the weekend.

Not only has he given his time with numerous phone calls throughout the year, but also shared knowledge, invited me to his place to hear his system, and travelled to Wollongong to help me set up a system (both with equipment and advice) as well as tons of tips to improve my system in the future.
I did not have to do much on the weekend except sit back with a beer and enjoy the experience while we listened to what I would call a very good sounding system. 8) (which has yet to be tweaked).

This has been a very big effort from Paul, and the reason for this post is to show my appreciation. :)

It all started when I sent an email to Steven a couple of years back, so I'd also like to thank all the people who have invited me to their place to hear their systems, and I'd also like to thank all of you that I have met along the way. I don't want to name names here cause I might leave someone out. ;)

So my system ATM with Goodmans speakers, tube pre/power, moderately modded Micro-Seiki CPD (tweaked CD94) and Linn TT.
I would have never gone down the path of Goodman's, tubes, CDM-1/TDA1541 without the KD forum.
(Speakers have been moved back a tad since the weekend session, don't freak out Paul they will be moved back soon enough ;) ;D).)

ozmillsy:
Nice system Braddo.

In among all that goodness,,, is a particularly sweet looking cdp!!

hedalfa:
Your very welcome Brad, others have helped me, so its good to pass the help around.  I wouldnt have got what I am getting alone. Alone you can go down a lot of dead ends.....

The system is a big surprise from sounding a bit ordinary with booming bass initially. With repositioned goodmans speakers and valve amps in the chain (in a small room) the great music flooded out like David tacking out goliath. The performance well exceeded my expectations.  Very impressive CD playback. The Pete Seger CD that I know well sounded very similar to Stevens, accept Stevens has micro timing and some extra beauty. Thanks to Steven for the input valves in the power amp, for giving the extra mojo :o

Plenty of good times ahead with long cool beers and great music. I bet you and brothers I will get people hammering on the door to hear the tunes.... Just not at 2.30 in the morning! Brad knows what I mean..

Cheers

stevenvalve:
Nice brad. Sound like you are heading down the fullrange path.

Jehuty:
Paul Hedalfa's sharing the Goodmans love  8)

Good to hear that you're enjoying your new system Brad.

Cheers,
William

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version