Tech Corner > Capacitors

Capacitor Games

(1/28) > >>

stevenvalve:
My PX4 valve amp has always been a problem. It was great in many ways but when i swapped to the other 250 globe amp it showed these problems, one was a lack of liquidity. My main 250 amp has 1930-40s Freed oil filled chokes, critical for its brilliant liquid sound. PX4 does not, and it shows. So how do I give that amp what it demands. Them I spied the answer, Audionote 0.22 paper in oil filled capacitors. Out came the Duelund 0.47. Am I crazy you ask, Removed the choke input setup and the extra caps, (less is more) now in one fowl swoop, it is brilliant, liquid, so liquid you can cut it with a knife, big soundstage, dynamic, grainless, This amp just needed this cap, the synergy is amazing. Before you rush to buy Audionote oil caps these are not the new Audionotes oil caps, the ones I am using are 5-10 years old, paper in oil. The new Audionote Mylar oil capacitors look the same and may measure better, but sound ordinary.    

Jehuty:

--- Quote from: stevenvalve on January 04, 2014, 05:57:03 PM ---Them I spied the answer, Audionote 0.22 paper in oil filled capacitors. Out came the Duelund 0.47. Am I crazy you ask, Removed the choke input setup and the extra caps, (less is more) now in one fowl swoop, it is brilliant, liquid, so liquid you can cut it with a knife, big soundstage, dynamic, grainless, This amp just needed this cap, the synergy is amazing.
--- End quote ---

Ahhh finally Steve, less is more indeed!

How much voltage do you get on the PX4 tube? Is the amp quiet enough since you took out the cap and choke input?

I gotta have another listen!  ;D

Jehuty:
Steve, one more thing, perhaps it's time to try out the new Duelund Cast Copper? They are paper in oil. I think I'm going to order some more parts for my Leak so if you want to get a pair or quad of the Duelund, let me know, more than happy to do the order together and share shipping cost.

stevenvalve:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on January 04, 2014, 07:38:12 PM ---Steve, one more thing, perhaps it's time to try out the new Duelund Cast Copper? They are paper in oil. I think I'm going to order some more parts for my Leak so if you want to get a pair or quad of the Duelund, let me know, more than happy to do the order together and share shipping cost.

--- End quote ---
I have already had them here last month, More junk.

Jehuty:
Good to know. Save lots of my money  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version