Author Topic: Truth Pre Amp  (Read 17153 times)

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
Re: Truth Pre Amp
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:24 PM »
Hooked the truth pre backup with the RM10. Now the ultra's are really starting to sing this is prolly the best sounding system I have ever owned  :)
Bill you are going to be a very happy camper soon.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:57 AM »
Congratz on your new preamp gamve. From what I read on the net, it could be the most transparent pre available at the moment. Do you know if there's an option for second output? I am looking for two outputs pre as my future system would probably use two amps.

Cheers,
William
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline gamve

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
Hi William,
My truth already has two sets of outputs. One set for main amp and one set for the plate amps in the sub woofers.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
Awesome, thanks! Exactly what I've been looking for  :)
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline gamve

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
Bill,
Has your pre turned up yet? Busting to get your opinion on the SQ.
Cheers
Graham

Offline bhobba

• Liked: 9
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »
Has your pre turned up yet? Busting to get your opinion on the SQ

Not yet.  As far as I can tell Ed has not even started building it.  Evidently he has something called 'Hornfest' (love the name) to get out of the way first.  You don't expect anything to happen with these small guys in a hurry do you?  I have been waiting on some Spirit SE Speaker's from Bob Smith over at Aether Audio for nearly 6 months - and they were supposed to only have two hours work to complete them.  Still having been down to Mike Lenehans quite a few times over the last year or so I know the pressures those guys face and don't feel any need to push them beyond a polite inquiry on its status every now and then.

Just after writing this got an email from Ed - he has started working on them now so they should be finished soon.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:49:33 AM by bhobba »

tuyen

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
Still very keen to compare one of these Truth's to my Intact Audio AVC!   Hope I have the opportunity to one day ;)

Offline omodo

• Liked: 104
  • Green tinted glow
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
have you experimented with re-stacking the laminations on your AVC yet? curious to hear your findings.. the 160H was probably about perfect for you old source, but the new DAC might be better suited to a lower inductance?

tuyen

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »
Hey omodo,

Will get back to u on that one! Haven't had chance to play around with restacking the autoformers. True that the dddacs output Z is <100ohm compared to ~3Kohm with the kdac. I've currently lent out the avc to a mate and just using a TKD 100K pot at the moment(great pot but still slightly veiled compared to the avc).

Gotta love DIY tweakable components! :)

Offline bhobba

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
Hi Guys

My Truth has arrived. Have it in my system right now and it is utterly transparent. Last night I heard it on Mikes reference system and his experienced ears also confirms it is utterly transparent. As an aside heard it on the latest prototye ML2's (it probably fair to actually call it the production version).  In that system I couldn't detect any increase in detail etc - but then again we didn't listen to it for long. In my system however I can detect detect an increase in detail 100% for sure. Without doubt IMHO if you need a pre-amp you can buy this with 100% confidence and know it will not degrade the signal in any way and probably give increased detail.  Gamve is right - this thing is stupid good and a no brainer.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:31:07 PM by bhobba »

Offline bhobba

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »
Hi Guys

Been listening to it a good while now and definitely more detail and bass coming through - at least I think so anyway.  Now listening to some Susan Boyle and have noticed without the Truth Susan's voice is pristine - unnaturally pristine in fact.  But with the Truth it is more earthy and breathy - more naturally sounding.  However is this a very small amount of noise coming from the Truth or is it actually more detail?  What do people think?

Especially interested in what Gmave thinks since he has one and will send a PM to him as well.  But of course interested in what anyone thinks.  I do prefer the Truth version though - it sounds a bit more natural.

Thanks
Bill

tuyen

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
Hi Bill, willing to send it down WA way sometime in the future, for a check out? :D

It should work optimally on every system since one no need to worry about any impedance mismatches.

It is quite pricey though..

Offline bhobba

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
Hi Tuyen

Just saw your post - sorry I didn't respond sooner. Happy to send it on over so you, Mario and the other guys out your way can check it out once John Darko has finished his review and Ozmilsy has had a chance to check it out.

Don't agree its pricey though - I think its stupid good value.

I have done some more listening to it and have a few more observations to post but will do that shortly - probably tomorrow or the next day - I bit tired right now and want to relax listening to a bit of TV.

Thanks
Bill