Author Topic: Klaus's turntable  (Read 4254 times)

Offline rhlauranna

• Liked: 198
Klaus's turntable
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
well, it is not that Klaus is only into digital...

for years and years and years he already had the idea of constructing a turntable of his own...

yes, and this is finally the result, a joint venture with a friend of his finally has come to a glorious end, so please, have a look:

the very speciality is that the complete construction, connection and guidance of the pick-up is  n o t  connected to the corpus of the vinyl player but hovering above the player and mounted to the wall in order to completely avoid immanent resonances...

and the length of the tone arm has been drawn to more than 50 cm in order to minimize the faults of the pick-up angle when playing...

(unfortunately on my screen just the construction of the tone arm in full length - and here especially the mounting to the wall - is not to be seen... I hope the "tiny" pictures show what it is all about...)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:06:40 PM by rhlauranna »

Offline springcreek

• Liked: 84
Re: Klaus's turntable
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »
Interesting

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: Klaus's turntable
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »
I spent most of my HiFi life playing vinyl, Great sound but to many things to go wrong. The last arm I had was a magnetic bearing wooden tonearm by robert fuch, Germany. beautifully built. Swapped him a like new genuine saguaro, koetsu rosewood signature cartridge for the arm.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:41:28 PM by stevenvalve »