Author Topic: KLEI Copper/Silver®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs  (Read 36238 times)

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: KLEI Copper/Silver®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »
Why do you think the Silver is 33% off .

Offline Tuyen

• Liked: 221
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
haha!   One set of coppers too.    I like the colour of copper better than silver anyway.

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »
I ordered a set of Pure Harmony plugs, direct from KLEI.   They are reported to be the best.   

But I really should get 1 of each type, and compare.  There are no absolutes.   
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline springcreek

• Liked: 84
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »
I am getting two pairs of Pure Harmony plugs from KL...a pleasure to deal with. Would love to get his cables.

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
Why do you think the Silver is 33% off .

Hey Steven is the silver passed its use buy date??  Like many things all silver isnt the same.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »
Would love to get his cables.
I've made a purchasing decision that I will be buying a set of Essence gZero6 IC's,  in due course (can you confirm they are the ones demo'd at the GTG?). 

Before I do,  I plan to make my own 1.5m set of IC's,  based on similar cable config to the set I posted about the other week (except with the Pure Harmony plugs).

http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php/topic,2699.0.html

Offline springcreek

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »
Yes the cables are Essence gZero6 ICs. They are by far and away the best cables I have heard in my system. I will be buying some as soon as I can afford it.

Rawl is making me two sets of interconnects using PureHarmony plugs and Gotham GAC-4 wire. I expect these will be very good, just not as good as the gZero6 cables. I am also going to get my 1877 phono cables reterminated with PureHarmony plugs.

Offline Peter A

• Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »
To all who attended the Canberra GTG, how did the Essence gZero6 Interconnects sound against the other cables.  Better or worse.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
To all who attended the Canberra GTG, how did the Essence gZero6 Interconnects sound against the other cables.  Better or worse.

Hi Peter,

Easily better  8)

Cheers,
Wil
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »
Peter, I also tried the interconnect here, and I must say its very very good, Its warm smooth and grainless with interesting lack of distortion, all-over on par with my Yamamura 5000, just different. Both had their moments in the sun, I will get some eventually. Peter how does the top of the line, compare to the cheaper models.

Offline springcreek

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »

Peter

I had the gZero6 cables in my system during and after the GTG. They are by far and away the best cables I've had in my system. They have an openess, transparency and sense of liveness that was simply brilliant. It was hard to give them back. I will buy them as soom as I can afford them.

I currently have a set of ICs in my system for assessment from an importer. They were sent for the GTG. They cost $5K+ and are very highly touted. They are good cables, but not even close to what the much more affordable gZero6 cables give you. The gap in pretty wide.

Cheers, Andy

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »
Was there a direct comparison to any Aurealis cables on hand?

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
What other cables were at the GTG that were put against the gZero6?    A pair of Van Den Hul - The FIRST Ultimate by any chance?   They are Mario's current reference at the moment (even pipping the Lenehans Ribbonteks, which I thought were excellent already).

Tis a pity I wasn't able to get the Rullit interconnects on time for the GTG.    They are meant to be 'killers' too.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/15/159030.html

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »
A pair of Van Den Hul - The FIRST Ultimate by any chance?   They are Mario's current reference at the moment (even pipping the Lenehans Ribbonteks, which I thought were excellent already).

No VDH, I liked them a lot too. I blame Paul Hedalfa for not bringing a pair to the GTG  :P
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »
What other cables were at the GTG that were put against the gZero6?    A pair of Van Den Hul - The FIRST Ultimate by any chance?   They are Mario's current reference at the moment (even pipping the Lenehans Ribbonteks, which I thought were excellent already).

tuyen when my amp arrives I will have a pair  gzero6 sent to me.
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »
GTG at yours Mario?  I will bring some Rullit interconnects and also some DIY interconnects that I will make with Klotz AC110 cable I was given ages ago from Jasper. The Klotz stuff is not expensive and commonly used for guitar/mic cables.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »
GTG at yours Mario?  I will bring some Rullit interconnects and also some DIY interconnects that I will make with Klotz AC110 cable I was given ages ago from Jasper. The Klotz stuff is not expensive and commonly used for guitar/mic cables.

yep GTG for ic's is on! lucky for me i only use 1 pair so its easy to compare
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 12:03:33 AM »

Ha Ha, Hi Peter
Was not paying that much attention to be honest. I can tell you which beer tasted best, That's far more important.
Coopers the red stuff  ::)

Offline springcreek

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »

Tis a pity I wasn't able to get the Rullit interconnects on time for the GTG.    They are meant to be 'killers' too.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/15/159030.html

Hey Tuyen

Paul uses the VDH First Ulitimate and its a very nice cable...I have had it in my system before on loan. Other cables were Aurelis (didn't use it much), Shindo (didn't really get much of a run unfortunatley), and High Fidelity cables. All good cables, but I know where my money is going.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »
Cool cool!

Another cable which has caught my eye for a while are the ones by Grover Huffmans. Not silly priced and seems to be made from ground up with his special recipe including the plugs. http://www.groverhuffman.com/interconnects