Author Topic: Acoustic Revive RR-777 Schumann Resonance Generator  (Read 35030 times)

Offline Tuyen

• Liked: 221
Acoustic Revive RR-777 Schumann Resonance Generator
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:43:22 AM »
Interesting device. I heard the previous model RR-77 on a system recently and I could hear improvements in terms of 'ease' and better 'flow' in the music. Soundstage and imaging becomes just that bit more palpable. Was very small music room.

In my opinion, worthwhile for audiophiles who already have the important stuff 'sorted' (ie. speakers, sources, amps, cables) in their system and enjoy critically listening to music on their system.  What I mean is that it won't change a excellent sounding system to 'magical' status, but it did give a few % improvements to my ears, which lets face it, for us anal audiophiles, often means a lot!      Either way, I reckon some here may be pleasantly surprised!  ;D

Some links of interest:
http://www.stereotimes.com/acc091812.shtml
http://singaporehifi.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/clash-of-titans-acoustic-revive-rr-777.html
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticrevive/rr77.html
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue68/acoustic_revive_chronicles.htm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:47:56 AM by Tuyen »

Offline treblid

• Liked: 15
Re: Acoustic Revive RR-777 Schumann Resonance Generator
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
Interesting device. I heard the previous model RR-77 on a system recently and I could hear improvements in terms of 'ease' and better 'flow' in the music. Soundstage and imaging becomes just that bit more palpable. Was very small music room.
Treblid = Myrantz (i.e. troublemaker trying to get himself banned on other forums, couldn't figure out how to name change here)..

Not sure if I can hear the difference myself TBH (it's not very obvious to me at all, I only kept it and use it coz my dad gave me this to get the 777 for himself). 

If anything I feel it sorta takes the "edge" slightly off my "edgy" system? And I didn't hear that per se, I actually felt it instead (and this is not 100% reliable)... Does it kind of describe what you're hearing?

According to my dad the 777 is more noticeable/effective...

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
Hi TJ,

Indeed it is the 'feeling' I get. Not actual tonal change I don't believe.

Wouldn't call your system edgy though.  Quite nice. Images impressively.

Might look at one of these units after I get the rest of my system sorted.  ;D

Offline treblid

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi TJ,

Indeed it is the 'feeling' I get. Not actual tonal change I don't believe.
So it's not just me.. Every one I tried this with can't hear it, they just sorta feel it (and some like it, some not - I'm still on the fence myself TBH).. It's really weird and I have no idea if it's placebo or not, but personally I don't mind if it's really placebo :p

Wouldn't call your system edgy though.  Quite nice. Images impressively.
Thanks :D. Still room for improvement, e.g. I2S, but as you can guess I'm honestly scared to do it :(..

Might look at one of these units after I get the rest of my system sorted.  ;D
From what I was told they are actually very hard to buy/source. And honestly very expensive for what it is... There's a DIY option, maybe you want to try that? I couldn't find the link+instructions but I read it before.

This device is a straight plug in replacement technique for the "5c audio tweak" which is very common in Singapore... One reason why folks in Singapore snap them up I guess. If you are interested and ready I'd check with my dad and see if he can get a good price...

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
I can help you with setting up the I2S connection when you are ready.  Bit of hassle switching between I2S and back to SPDIF for your 2 sources though.

Re the RR-777, quite easily available from an ebay search.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=acoustic+revive+rr-777&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dacoustic%2Brevive%2Brr-777%26_arr%3D1

Looking at around $450AU with free postage from Japan.   Not really that bad IMO!

Offline treblid

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »
Nice find! Didn't know about that :D .

Will definitely need your help, in time... I'm still researching on what to do and what not for now :P

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
:o OMG, what is the wavelength again at 7.5 c/s.  Now look at the solder trace within the cube and tell me if this is matched wavelength wise (Answers on the back of a hundred dollar bill to chez V)  IS this just another example of how to fleese people of their hard earned?  If so I have an electronic clock  which when placed in your listening space creates a huge vacuum that transports the listener to another time and space, it's only 199.99 dollars and comes direct to you from China to save postage! Don't forget you have to set the scene by having consumed at least 6 beers or so, wear odd socks and have one foot on the dog and the other carefully aligned with your left speaker, it won't work with out the aforesaid  :P  Whilst we are at it, I was beach coming the other day and found some really pretty stones which when place strategically on your amp, speakers and head improves the listening experience 3 fold. :-*

Welcome to be proved wrong as always but FFS 5 paychecks reviewer...........LMAO des not even cover it
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »
Haha!   Magic happens!  One must believe..

Gotta love this hobby don't ya V    :P

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »
Fair to add that over 90%(?) of discussions on this forum relating to hardware tweaks are often completely subjective and also umeasurable?

Thus making those shakti tuning stones not that ridiculous in my eyes  ;D

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:25 PM »
Thoughts?

Where does one draw the line between acceptable and ridiculous??

Offline terry j

• Liked: 25
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:07 AM »
we all have our own line in the sand. And it is different for each of us.

so the trite answer is 'ask yourself'.

Offline treblid

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
Thoughts?

Where does one draw the line between acceptable and ridiculous??
The way I decide is I accept it if it does anything positive (be it real or otherwise), i.e. I always put myself first.

Of coz being free it really makes that easier for me. If I have to pay for it TBH I will never buy it, coz I still have other issues I have to tackle, e.g. that rack shelf imaging issue, and etc.

Next time when we do a GTG at your place I can bring that along and you can see if it works or not?
At the end of the day, it's your money, so your call...

This device is weird in the sense it's just a feeling...

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
::) Well Mr. T, IMV the line lies where ever your wallet takes you which for some is down blind allies.  If the fun is in the journey then bon voyage, me I'll stick to tried and trusted over fairy tales, pixie dust and quick bucks.  :)
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
DIY - http://diyparadise.com/w/thank-you-mr-schumann/
http://diyparadise.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=140

Thanks for the links!

I have made contact with yeo (diyparadise) about getting some kits and his reply below:

hi tuyen

i haven’t got time to buy the parts to prepare more kits.

i’ll get some in stock by the end of the week.

thx!

yeo
ps: if you like the effect of one, try a few more. i have a customer who has 9 in his system! and i was there to listen to the effects.

I'm thinking of getting 4 kits (1 on each corner), maybe even 6 (front and rear centre)    :) :)

All fun!

Offline treblid

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
All fun!
duelands on all 6? :D

If you're buying, add 1 on top? Pay you back later... I'd be interested in one and see how it compares to the 777 and the 77...

Not sure if more is better TBH.. It's radiation after all? :'(

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
No Duelunds!!

+1 kit for you no probs!  :)

But it's all positive radiation!   I do feel a sense that my system missing something after I took away your RR-77.   :'(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:39:18 PM by Tuyen »

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »
Interesting reply from yeo.

hi tuyen

yes! it’s a really big room. all with linear supplies.

as you added more, the realism got better and better. it feels like you are listening to the real thing. switch off one by one and you’ll feel the difference.

i’ll say start with a few first, no need to go all the way. the rest, you could always try at friend’s place.

many of my customers who use the schumann resonator likes it for helping them sleep better. in fact, this is why i was interested in it. the audio application came in later.  : )

yeo

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
Sorry V,  just cause it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect!

I have tried it and I am quite confident with what I experienced, even if it may not be easily 'measurable'.

I put this device is in the same group as something like power cords, which are something of a more commonly recommended tweak in the audiophile world.   Yet do people forget the countless meters of standard 'cheap' wire from the power box to your wall sockets?   Why would 0.5m meter of cable from a wall socket to say a cd player make a difference?  If people truly believe they can hear a difference, hence them shelling out on hundreds/thousands of dollars on power cords,  do you believe that the difference would be easily measurable?  I wouldn't think so?   The concept doesn't make sense to me. But I have heard differences with power cords.   Does it to you?         

So when I see systems that use fancy(i.e. pricey) power cords and the owners claiming they can hear night and day improvements, should I ask them if they are being serious? Should I ask if they have been smoking pot and rolling them blunts up with 50 dollar bills?  ;D

Do things have to make sense to one first before one is willing to accept there is an audible difference?  Or is one willing to accept there are things that are a lot harder to understand (i.e. sometimes very difficult/impossible to quantify), but yet one's ears/mind would be able to pick it?   8)     Like I wrote in a previous thread on this forum,  the majority of the topics/tweaks on this actual forum would infact sit in the later category.   

Agree or don't agree?      Time for me to roll another blunt with my $100 billls  :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:08:15 PM by Tuyen »