Author Topic: Total dac  (Read 15680 times)

tuyen

Re: Total dac
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »
Another email reply from Vincent.

Hi Tuyen,
I have a Goto SG-16TT, I used it when I had a horn midrange, I haven't yet had the time to try to integrate it to my 125Hz-18KHz ribbon.
Goto driver are transparent and never slow, but a full Goto system is expensive, I could by the low midrange driver.
A 15inch Goto would be nice in may bass horns as well.
My DAc has been comapre to a Zanden (on a french forum) and it is as good for midrange beauty and detail and soudstage, but Totaldac is now better for dynamic and bass, which is a limitation of the Zanden.

Yes the best is to use a USB (or pci) to spdif from a computer. Lynx PCI cards are also very good to output spdif. There are many USB to spdif converter, M2tech for exemple. You don't need to use I2S with my DAC, spdif is good because I d'ont use the spdif clock, I rebuild the clock in the DAC.

Vincent

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 05:46:25 PM »
Great to see this very interesting dac getting some exposure.
Would love to try one myself.
Listening with my ears :)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »
Vitavoxdudes Meridian M100 active speakers.IMO the best speaker system Meridian ever made.
Yup, not too bad at all Ozcal, the Meridians can rock and with those four B110 bassmids being driven by 2 x 70w amps in each box can move the air quite fast without  overhang  making them fairly dynamic for an IB design.  Of course the B139 ABR assists the lowest octaves.  Mid is handled by the mid only version of the B110 and a choice of tweeters, T52 or T33a's  I use the later as they are a bit more extended in the top end.  Expensive, hmmm fairly but when your an addict like me you just HAVE to have them! (Tuyen take note)!! I rewired them with something a whole lot better and Vishayed the active crossovers andding a fair bit more filigree detail at some considerable cost.  They will not be replacing my 4 tonnes of horns any time soon though but they slip into a room easily and do not require 4 rippled men sweating on the floor to move them.

I'm back  :P
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
Glad to see you back V.
One of my lasting hi-fi memories was listening to 'Yes' 90..... being played on the M100'S ,via the MCD pro  and Meridian pre at the hi-fi show in Edinburgh. Very nice.
G
Listening with my ears :)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
Glad to see you back V.
One of my lasting hi-fi memories was listening to 'Yes' 90..... being played on the M100'S ,via the MCD pro  and Meridian pre at the hi-fi show in Edinburgh. Very nice.
G
Yup happy memories are made of such things ozcal  ;D , it's great when you can just enjoy the music and forget all about HiFi....... :'(
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.