Author Topic: Grover Huffman cables  (Read 4420 times)

tuyen

Grover Huffman cables
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »
Anyone heard or tried these cables (interconnects specifically)?

http://www.groverhuffman.com/home

Seems like he uses ribbon-type wiring, no typical gold plated stuff.   

Prices are actually very reasonable too..

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: Grover Huffman cables
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
tuyen its very tempting you never know
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:30:14 AM »
Holy crap, I just looked at the interconnects page, and towards the bottom there is a pick of Steve Hoffman holding these cables in his mastering room.

That can't be his mastering room,  noooooooooo, talk about shattering my illusions about this mastering engineer legend.

Big speakers in a small bedroom, right alongside a large mirror wardrobe !!  :o

No wonder his masters are smooth.

Can't be right.

Hey, he uses vintage gear.   Ok old timers, show us yer knowledge.  Tell us what gear mr Hoffman is using?
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »
 ;)
Holy crap, I just looked at the interconnects page, and towards the bottom there is a pick of Steve Hoffman holding these cables in his mastering room.

That can't be his mastering room,  noooooooooo, talk about shattering my illusions about this mastering engineer legend.

Big speakers in a small bedroom, right alongside a large mirror wardrobe !!  :o

No wonder his masters are smooth.

Can't be right.

Hey, he uses vintage gear.   Ok old timers, show us yer knowledge.  Tell us what gear mr Hoffman is using?
Yes Mr. T , it looks very SAD indeed.  :-X A typical case of an unused bedroom setup with some less than optimal gear.  :-\ OK then sh!tty gear if you must, look at the stands / TT / Amps......Speakers..........sob sob, this is all very sad indeed.  I guess he uses the mirrored wardrobe to keep that mop of hair in shape inbetween blasts of sound in the near  field ha ha.  :( Hardly a mastering room, more like a masterbating room :P :P :P :P :P  I guess you can get some idear of the general balance of interconnects etc using this setup but as for mastering, na - forget it, control of reverb, flutter echo etc would be a nightmare.  This must surely be a tease???
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.