KillerDac > Testimonials

Falls Audio Owners Thread

(1/8) > >>

Jehuty:
I can't wait any longer.

Our own Paul Baker deserves more recognition for what he does. I have listened to many products from the so called hi-end Australian manufacturers like Weston Acoustics, SGR or even Supratek to name a few. For me, Paul Baker's works blow them out of the water, without a doubt.

So, this is it gentlemen, the place to share your experience of Falls Audio products. Please post some pictures and listening impressions. I am sure there are many who love his products.

I'll start. I am getting this one soon to drive my Axiom 80s, single ended parallel 45 amp. I have been dreaming to get one of Paul Baker's amps and finally, FINALLY, after more than 4 years of waiting it's going to come true.

Some pictures:

Paul Hedalfa has heard this amp and he LOVED it. I trust his opinion so that's why I pulled the trigger and I am sure I will enjoy this amp too!

My listening impression to follow once I get the amp and time to do a proper listening session.

Cheers,
Wil

PS: Internal shots are available if I get a consent from Paul Baker.

Edit: Fix the name of the amp to single ended parallel to avoid confusion  :)

Tuyen:
Nice!

Is there a shot of power supply for it as well?

Paul knows how to build amazing amps no doubt about that!   The el34 amp I had for a short while was very impressive.  For me, it was the crazy power supply that made it really stand out from anything else out there.

Having also heard 1-2 products from Weston acoustics and supratek in the past, not sure it is fair to compare it to my experience with products build by Paul, as don't feel am comparing apples to apples.  Supratek only really do DHT preamps, while the Weston power amps I've heard were relatively budget priced, as opposed to what I paid for my el34 amp which used premium exotic parts that I had requested/supplied.

The killerdac while I had one, had a FALLS AUDIO print on the chassis too :)

ozmillsy:
Congrats on the amp Jehuty!!    Hope that amp will bring you many years of joy.

Jehuty:
Thanks Tuyen and Andrew.

Tuyen, I haven't got a good shot of the power supply but I will upload some pictures once I get the amp. I think it's not as elaborate as your EL34 amp but it's actually the way I like it. For me, it's always less is more  :)

With regards to the comparison with other Australian build products, I'd say, bring it on. We can compare any DHT preamps (or any preamps) to the KillerPre, check: http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php/topic,2475.0.html.

And for power/integrated amps, you have had the experience with Paul Baker's amp, I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures of your amp here: http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php/topic,26.0.html

Oh one more thing Tuyen, do you have any pictures of the FALLS AUDIO logo? I'm thinking about making some sort of FALLS AUDIO plate (pure silver gold plated or anything else cool) for my amp  ;D

hedalfa:
Re Paul Bakers 245

Important thread william.

We may have difference preferences and when we judge a amp we need to consider amp speaker interactions. Also may be not everybody can hear not just what is currently reproduced but also what the potential an amp may provide. 

Not only did I find the mid-range of the 245 beguiling there was a timbral rightness, and sense of natural not over forced weight as well. Put it on a speaker like axiom 80 my intuition is it could be very good combination indeed. 8) 8)

I agree with Steve 50s are more balanced and more versalitie, yet that 245 amp was the shining star of my trip away. What was burnt in my mind was what it did right was just so Right!!!!.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Id buy this amp from William in heart beat. Like life itself things do not have to be perfect to be wonderful. This amp is definitely a keeper, not something for the hi fi merry go around. If your really lucky Paul Might build you one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version