General HIFI > Amplification (Pre/Power)

Leak Stereo 20 Modifications

(1/21) > >>

stevenvalve:
 I have finished the Leak Stereo 20 Modifications, Including 4 new Duelund 0.47 capacitors, I rearranged the component's, and as you can see, it all fits. Is this one of the world best sounding Leak Stereo 20s well we will never know, it may not even end up being the best at the leak shootout down in Canberra. There is never a guarantee, As we all know dollars spent will not guarantee success in this insane hobby. I also have an nice original standard Leak Stereo 20, and decided to compere them, how does this unmodified amp sound in comparison, well it doesn't..... the modified amp slaughters the stock one. It has a smooth grainless sophisticated beauty that unfortunately the standard one does not want to know about. After the GTG, my next move with this amp will be to change it over to triode mode.

Tuyen:
Very tastefully done Steven.  You have bought all remaining stock of duelund vsfs haven't you.  ;D

stevenvalve:

--- Quote from: Tuyen on April 26, 2014, 07:14:19 PM ---Very tastefully done Steven.  You have bought all remaining stock of duelund vsfs haven't you.  ;D

--- End quote ---
I would like to buy them all, but you can pay.

gamve:
I Just got some of the new VSF replacements from mike being the RS series copper foil caps
I just Hope the RS does not stand for RAT sh!t. ::)

mcb:

--- Quote from: gamve on April 27, 2014, 12:39:44 PM ---I Just got some of the new VSF replacements from mike being the RS series copper foil caps
I just Hope the RS does not stand for RAT sh!t. ::)

--- End quote ---

I look forward to your comments, once you have had a chance to give them a good run. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version