General HIFI > Cables

Power Cables

(1/22) > >>

fallsaudio:
 ;D
                            Well after many many month of stuffing with types of wire , cable , plug and sockets type I think I have found the right balance. I have come up with a CYRO ( two types)  mains plug with a RED copper and  IEC connector. The cable there are many types that look the same but do not sound the same . I have had positive fed back on the cable I have put out in the field for testing. There are three different type I have made , All sound great and all have different flavors . Each cable use in a different position will give a different result.
                             Most of us have discovered that a peace of wire is not just a peace of wire , I will let you all know what the final outcome is from the final testing goes  :D

Tuyen:
Keen to know more when ready Paul :)

Will you be sharing the specifics for us to make our own, or will you be selling these cables?

terry j:

--- Quote from: fallsaudio on September 21, 2014, 02:59:17 PM ---
                             Most of us have discovered that a peace of wire is not just a peace of wire

--- End quote ---

And for those that have not, at least stating it as nicely as you have should ensure peace between the camps  :D

Gee Emm:
Interesting topic.

My experiences about peaces (sic) of wire is that different outcomes are more about the total application of the wire in situ

a 3-core power cable is the combination of many things eg:
Primarily, the cross-section, individual insulators/shielding, each core's proximity to each other, twisting, the outer insulators/shielding, the proximity of the cable to other things that may affect it eg RFI

IME when & if cables sound different, it is for the above reasons more than anything else. YMMV.

ozmillsy:
If a piece of wire (or an assembled cable) has the same (or similar) influence on the sound of different systems, then the differences are likely to be more than environmental.

This is another reason why I like to crosscheck the cables I make on other systems, especially systems that I am familiar with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version