Author Topic: Mingda MC34 -how to remove beauty rings ?  (Read 14533 times)

Offline donberry

• Liked: 0
Re: Mingda MC34 -how to remove beauty rings ?
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 04:12:34 AM »
ozcal - would be interested in a report on your amp when all is said and done.

From just glancing at the work that needs done to get that sub-plate out, it doesn't seem difficult but I didn't realize it was going to be as involved as it will be.
I can't afford Dueland's, but as long as I am removing all of those wires, I am going to go over the schematic kajak12 sent me and see what else I can go ahead and swap in there.
I did just dry fit them and tho they are much bigger, the Mundorf caps won't be a problem fitting in there.

Got my tube sockets in and tried them out, putting a tube in one. It just showed me how loose the ones currently in the Mingda are.

This will be one amp upgrade where I really, really take my time tho

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
Hi D , was pretty lucky that the previous owner had fitted the Deulands and the Jensens and some decent valves otherwise I couldn't have afforded them either.
The pre amp sounded very good when I got it and if it hadn't been for the transformer failure I would probably have run it as purchased for quite a while but once I started the rebuild I though I may as well try and get it to the next level.
Progress for me has been very slow too but I am lucky enough to have a spare valve pre to keep me going.
Good luck with your rebuild
Listening with my ears :)

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:30 PM »
Also on this topic does anyone have a schematic of the Ming Da MC34 they could possibly pm me?

I recently purchased the famous modded Ming Da and are very curious to research some possible ..... further mods.

The original schematic would be very helpful.

Will report back soon.

Thanks 

Steve
   Did you get the schematic you are after

Offline oceangreen17

• Liked: 0
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 11:32:26 PM »
   Did you get the schematic you are after

Steven - Thanks for your enquiry.

I've had a crazy week with work and have only just got home late tonight. I will PM Mario and see if he can still send me the schematic.

This is a potentially superb amp.

However, it got a bit of a rough trip travelling over from Perth (thank you Pack and Send) and sustained some internal damage. One of the Audio Note caps dislodged itself from the chassis and launched itself into the main guts of the amp.   

I believe James (Crazikid), possibly yourself?, Mario, and Pete all worked on this particular amp over a period of several months. It is a total labour of love!

It is now up and running but needs a few gentle tweaks to bring it back to it's former glory.

Steve 

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
Steven - Thanks for your enquiry.

I've had a crazy week with work and have only just got home late tonight. I will PM Mario and see if he can still send me the schematic.

This is a potentially superb amp.

However, it got a bit of a rough trip travelling over from Perth (thank you Pack and Send) and sustained some internal damage. One of the Audio Note caps dislodged itself from the chassis and launched itself into the main guts of the amp.   

I believe James (Crazikid), possibly yourself?, Mario, and Pete all worked on this particular amp over a period of several months. It is a total labour of love!

It is now up and running but needs a few gentle tweaks to bring it back to it's former glory.

Steve
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time