Author Topic: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs  (Read 50496 times)

Offline PingPing

• Liked: 6
KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »
KLEI have just released their new KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs ... http://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/harmony-plug/klei-absoluteharmony-phonorca-plug/

Sound: Exceptional Resolution, Extremely tight non-bloated deep/detailed/resolving Bass, Extremely articulate presentation, Conveys subtle nuances with amazing dexterity, Stage is spacious and envelopes the listener, Allows the full emotion of the music to be experienced, Superb dynamics and an excellent micro detail presentation, Displays delicate upper mid and high frequency detail/resolution and harmonic texture with precision and emotion, Delivers music with extremely low noise/distortion in a Warm Musical and Involving manner from an very very Black/Quiet Background.

Our testing, and reports received, show that the KLEI Absolute®Harmony when compared to the KLEI Pure®Harmony is Simply… even Faster, even Quieter/Noiseless/Blacker Background, and more transparent, and has noticeably better PRAT, Decay, Timbre and Texture, Edge Control and Extension, Resolution, and Stage.

:)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:43:17 AM by PingPing »

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
Interesting it states the use of silver in the plugs, as you all know i am not that keen on silver anywhere in a superbly tuned system, Sure silver can work in a system that is not well balanced ????. I will have the new Keith Eichmann interconnects with these plugs in about a week or so. His other interconnects where mainly very good, some brilliant, This newly designed interconnect and plugs is supposedly the best of all, I will keep you informed.

1.Signal/Ground pins utilise an even higher spec KLEI PureSilver™ with >106% IACS conductivity.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:37:49 PM by stevenvalve »

Offline PingPing

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
Sounds really good... keep us posted :)

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »
This newly designed interconnect and plugs is supposedly the best of all, I will keep you informed.

Keen to hear your final thought Steve. Looks like I need to flog off my Yamamura M-5000 soon, anyone?  :D
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline PingPing

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
Can you still get the Yamamura M-5000?  :)

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »
Hi PingPing,

No, it's not made anymore and preloved M-5000 very seldom comes up on sale. I was very lucky to grab them when it was on sale. Trust me, it was a long persistence of continuous search which finally got me the Yamamura. I literally look on the net every night for the past 2 to 3 years to find a pair....or two including the ones I missed out due to crazy bidding wars.

Considering how hard it was to find them, I really hope the KLEI would be better as I need more than a pair of IC and probably longer then just 1 meter.

Hmm....where's Steve? I think I can say for everyone we're all waiting for your report  :)

Cheers,
Wil

Edit: Ups...I just realised it was only two days ago Steve posted about the KLEI. Take your time to test them Steve and let us know when you're ready  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:09:43 PM by Jehuty »

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »
Aha, so when you shared the ebay listings on the 6000's,  you were really holding back waiting for 5000's !   8)

Fair enough, congrats on securing a pair, well done.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »
Hi Oz,

I wasn't sure how good the 6000 were and the price was out of my reach. If the price was not too dear I would have bought them. I got the 5000 within my budget  ;)

Cheers,
Wil

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
I wasn't sure how good the 6000 were and the price was out of my reach. If the price was not too dear I would have bought them. I got the 5000 within my budget  ;)
Bonus  (I have a bad habit of overspending mine).   8) 
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline data

• Liked: 24
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
Like others here, I'm waiting for Steve's review of these  8)

Offline PingPing

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
... I got the 5000 within my budget  ;)
What are your impressions of the M-5000's in your system...

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 02:37:45 AM »
What are your impressions of the M-5000's in your system...

Hi PingPing,

My M-5000 are with Steve as I want him to compare to his. I didn't get a chance to listen to my main system so I think my impression would not be very useful (or even valid).

Cheers,
Wil

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Gday  Steven

Hey are you going to be testing the KL IC 10's or the 180's?

I have a pair of 6's which sound good from Bryston cd player to surround system but are not long enough to reach from Kdac to Marios amp so I cant test them on the 2 channel.

I'm going to get a pair of longer 10's to test on 2 channel and hopefully down the track a pair of 180's to check out.

Nathan

Offline PingPing

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
Have a look at the gZero10 ICs in this thread ... http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1413499349&&&/KLEI-Absolute%AEHarmony-Phono-RCA-Plugs   
They sound like they are awesome :)

Offline onthebeach

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »
Yes Willie Wonker sure likes em.

Steven is going to be listening to the 10's in his system. They are coming via Coffs Harbour on the way down to the Blue Mountains.

I tried the 6's last night from cheap NAD tuner to Integra processor with really nice results. Jazztrack on classical FM has never sounded so good. Also good results from Integra processor preout center channel with Arcam 777 amp.

I'm really looking forward to trying the 10's from my Kdac to Marios EL34 amp. ATM I have a pair of Revelation Audio Labs IC's doing a good job so it'll be nice to compare.

Offline onthebeach

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »
I have on loan since last night atm a 1.5m pair of the KLEI gZero6 IC and a 2m pair of the KLEI gZero10 IC.

The KLEI gZero10 IC are on their way down to Steven early next week.

I had in my 2 channel system (Wadia/Zen clock cd transport i2s, Kdac, Marios EL34 amp) a a pair of $800 IC's which I considered to be very good. The 6's literally blew them away. It has been said the 10's are better again than the 6's but I couldn't imagine it. But I put the 10's in and yep they were better again.
The 6's reminded me of the improvement in going from SPDIF to I2S but possibly even more so. Much smear was removed and more purity was allowed through. My system has often sounded a bit dark slow and muddy but the 6's tightened things up and sped things up somewhat .

The 10's had the same refinements of the 6's with a bit of extra life and punch.

These cables have helped my system out with its deficiencies for sure but how they will go in a system which is finely tuned and super balanced with no obvious deficiencies like Stevens setup will be interesting.

Recently in Melbourne I heard a very nice pair of Shunyata IC's irradicate somewhat some problems in a freinds a system. Even though the limitations and deficiencies on my system were completely different to the system I heard in Melbourne the end result of these IC's n my system reminded me of that .

Offline PingPing

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »
onthebeach, sounds really good  :) Would you say WillieWonkers post a fairly accurate post and evaluation of the gZero10 ICs  :)

Offline onthebeach

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
Yeah I reckon its pretty accurate.

Offline PingPing

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
onthebeach, any more to tell?   Like are the gZero6 and 10 ICs still sounding the same or better, etc...

Offline onthebeach

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
onthebeach, any more to tell?   Like are the gZero6 and 10 ICs still sounding the same or better, etc...

Steven has the 10's in his system atm.

I have the 6's atm which sound really nice to me...trouble is I know what the 10's sound like now  :o