Author Topic: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs  (Read 50204 times)

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
Re: KLEI Absolute®Harmony Phono/RCA Plugs
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
But your system is disassembled, not too worry and all good  :)
I'm very happy to check them out, when the system is back up and running in its new home, if the demo 10's are still around in due course?

It does take me a bit of time to dial the system in to a new room.  We'll see.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »
onthebeach, it must be something relatively minor or simple   :)  Minor confusion and just a bit of time ... all good  :)

I remember you posting that they weren't sufficiently burned in when you listened to them but you still liked them very much, even more than the gZero6 ICs ... so, all good  :)

Have you listened to another pair of gZero10 ICs since then?

Hey Ping
Yes on my system the 10's were clearly better but my system isnt the quality of SG's system. I've just bought a pair of used KL 80's which were a prototype that Rawl had in his system for quite sometime. Again they sound much better than the 10's in my system although I havent had much time with them yet.

Offline PingPing

• Liked: 6
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »
Guys months ago i tied the standard KLEI gZero6 IC and as stated earlier... a great cable, great clarity, detail, amazing lack of noise, great warmth, and musicality.    One small problem for me was a slight sameness to timbre.    I am now trying the new more expensive 2 meter pair KLEI gZero10 IC interconnects.    The trouble is these are a prototypes pair and not the same as the model sold on his web site.    This pair does not seem to work well with my system, so I will get the new production model sold on there web site and try again.
stevenvalve, when will you be receiving the production KLEI gZero10 ICs  :)

Offline PingPing

KLEI gZero20 ICs
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
KLEI have released gZero20 ICs... KLEI gZero20 ICs  KLEI gZero20 ICs  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:46:44 AM by PingPing »

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »
There is a pattern emerging,,,,,,,
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline PingPing

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2015, 05:35:48 AM »
Hey Ping
Yes on my system the 10's were clearly better but my system isn't the quality of SG's system. I've just bought a pair of used KL 80's which were a prototype that Rawl had in his system for quite sometime. Again they sound much better than the 10's in my system although I haven't had much time with them yet.
onthebeach, what are you enjoying about the KL 80's  :)

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
onthebeach, what are you enjoying about the KL 80's  :)

Everything  ;D

Finesse, micro detail, weight, presence, sound-stage, feeling, realism, involvement, enjoyment....all better .

Offline skc

• Liked: 19
Re: KLEI gZero20 ICs
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2015, 07:30:27 PM »
KLEI have released gZero20 ICs... KLEI gZero20 ICs  KLEI gZero20 ICs  :)

I have some coming. Will be interested to see how they compare to my Kondo LPz and Yamamura Millennium 6000.

Offline Rob181

• Liked: 14
  • Trust Your Instincts
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »
I will be VERY INTERESTED to read your thoughts on this comparison...

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »
I had a good listen to most of the expensive Louis Eichmann interconnect cables at the get together, and at the same time returned my loan set to check if they had any problems, and indeed they sure did, they just did not sound right here, and on hearing them Keith Eichmann feels they are faulty. The interesting thing about Keith's interconnect cables is they have a sound, lets call it the Eichmann sound. The different models do have a house sound, and the unique ability to make average systems shine, they are a cable that will please, and very few will be disappointed. I must say they have a lot to like particularly warmth, liquidity, blackness, and the lack of grain that helps to promote a very low noise floor, the latter in particular is what sets them apart from others, how it manages this is open for debate.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:53:39 PM by stevenvalve »

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2015, 09:18:31 PM »
Incidentally, what do you folks recommend for chassis mount (i.e., female) RCA connectors? I'm surprised that KLE isn't making them... are the ETI ones still favoured?

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
Incidentally, what do you folks recommend for chassis mount (i.e., female) RCA connectors? I'm surprised that KLE isn't making them... are the ETI ones still favoured?

Hi rab,

WBT 0210-Cu RCA "Next Gen" is favoured (see http://www.partsconnexion.com/product9725.html). For the budget conscious, the ETI (see http://www.partsconnexion.com/product1878.html) is a great option.

Cheers,
Will
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2015, 07:20:48 AM »
WBT 0210-Cu RCA "Next Gen" is favoured (see http://www.partsconnexion.com/product9725.html). For the budget conscious, the ETI (see http://www.partsconnexion.com/product1878.html) is a great option.

Thanks Will. For the even more budget conscious, has anyone tried the CMC 805F? Allegedly gold plated copper @ US$13 per pair.