Author Topic: Best electrolytic I have used  (Read 4453 times)

Offline brenden

• Liked: 78
Best electrolytic I have used
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
This is it .   This one beat out good quality film caps as a supplementary bypass  in power supply on my Stax CA-X pro .

The increase in sound quality with this cap was shocking ,although I did bypass it with a small  exotic  film cap  to bring some sparkle to the high frequencies .

The combo is stunning .

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: Best electrolytic I have used
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
These must be relatively new make of simic, looks interesting. You are right, adding a bypass cap will change the sound.

Offline brenden

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »
Actually these are custom maufactured Elnas and the alpha super gold is the  highest spec caps elna make.Very few find their way on to the market.The ones in the picture were manufactured in japan and you can see the date wrtten on them year 93  and  the second  two numbers designate the week. .later ones wew manufactured in Thailand probably from the early to mid  2000's and can have a matt finnish .

These ones have 24kt  gold plated ofc leads although some are made without gold leads..

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
Are these caps really hard to find??

Offline brenden

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:30:15 PM »
There are a few types but the ones with the gold leads are usually the ones to get.The ones I used on this occasion are the large size .They are as big as a normal 1000uf cap and not common at all,
     but have been lucky to acquire a few in different values and types in the highest grades .