General HIFI > Cables

Holy wire to build your killer Stuff

(1/15) > >>

stevenvalve:
Here is some solid core wire i just picked up in the USA. This is the type of wire you guys need to look for, New old stock on a wooden bobbin Double silk wrapped 20 GAUGE solid core  1910-40s. The best dielectric you can use. The copper sounds better, this has been sitting around unused for 80 years and has matured. I use this old type of wire in the killerDacs and amps i make. Newer wire with its Teflon or some kind of plastic is rubbish. This was a great score, its hard to find like this, and will find its way into the killerdacs. Keep on the lookout for this stuff and put the links here

Jehuty:
 :o Far out... another unobtainium... My jaw dropped to the floor, will start looking for this type of wire, hopefully able to secure some. Great recommendation as usual Steve, thanks...

kajak12:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on June 03, 2011, 07:37:04 PM --- :o Far out... another unobtainium... My jaw dropped to the floor, will start looking for this type of wire, hopefully able to secure some. Great recommendation as usual Steve, thanks...

--- End quote ---
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coated-copper-wire-silk-0-15mm-/140559330774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b9fd2dd6

Jehuty:
Thanks Mario. Anyone here is gonna bid? If not I might go ahead...

kajak12:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on June 03, 2011, 08:30:31 PM ---Thanks Mario. Anyone here is gonna bid? If not I might go ahead...

--- End quote ---
go for it jehunty i found it its all yours

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version