KillerDac > Testimonials

Visit to Stevenvalve's

(1/2) > >>

ochremoon:
Well, after reading and hearing about Steven's system, I finally met the man and had a listen to his setup on Sunday.

You guys who have written in glowing terms are not kidding. The very definition of presence, tone, engagement, accuracy of timbre, etc etc.

I have never heard a system that offered such sheer PRESENCE as Steven's. Forget the audio show bling, full of cheap parts, with its sterile etched sonics and over-inflated price tags. I intend to commence along a similar path to Steven's myself, with guidance from Steven and the abundant expertise on this forum.

Thank you Steven and Jen for your hospitality. I'd like to impose on you again in the near future and hope that I can offer you something in return.

Cheers,
Chris

Jehuty:

--- Quote from: ochremoon on April 28, 2015, 10:11:43 PM ---Well, after reading and hearing about Steven's system, I finally met the man and had a listen to his setup on Sunday.

You guys who have written in glowing terms are not kidding. The very definition of presence, tone, engagement, accuracy of timbre, etc etc.

I have never heard a system that offered such sheer PRESENCE as Steven's. Forget the audio show bling, full of cheap parts, with its sterile etched sonics and over-inflated price tags. I intend to commence along a similar path to Steven's myself, with guidance from Steven and the abundant expertise on this forum.

Thank you Steven and Jen for your hospitality. I'd like to impose on you again in the near future and hope that I can offer you something in return.

Cheers,
Chris
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit Chris. You could buy valves from him to return the favour, not cheap but they're probably the best you can get  ;)

Cheers,
Will

PS: If you're going to the single driver way, I have a pair of boxes built to the same specs like Steve which I'm willing to part  :)

springcreek:
It's an extraordinary system and still my reference along with Damians Shindo set-up...both different but both wonderful in their own way

ochremoon:

--- Quote from: Jehuty on April 29, 2015, 04:42:25 PM ---PS: If you're going to the single driver way, I have a pair of boxes built to the same specs like Steve which I'm willing to part  :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Yes, I may be interested, but I'm down in Tassie so transport is an issue with those big boxes.

ochremoon:

--- Quote from: springcreek on April 30, 2015, 08:41:58 AM ---It's an extraordinary system and still my reference along with Damians Shindo set-up...both different but both wonderful in their own way

--- End quote ---

It's a brilliant system, but I wonder how it would handle complex music. I'm thinking I will likely end up with a couple of different setups to cover the range of material I listen to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version