Author Topic: Brendens new speaker cables  (Read 5753 times)

Offline brenden

• Liked: 78
Brendens new speaker cables
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:07:24 AM »
These are my new cables .I have been running in for about 8 hours and already trounces anything I  have tried previously . They are constructed from pure  silver I  have made for me in the US. to my specs  and  pure silk dielectric.
     The construction was  based on technology from my interconnect design  and uses  lots of precious metals .
                   On my system I havent been able to identify any area of weakness  as yet .Its  just beautiful warm pure  dynamic and sweet.     
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:08:58 AM by brenden »

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
Re: Brendens new speaker cables
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
Interesting a have a pair silver cables which was a result of lengthy construction process by the previous owner. These were definitely pure silver not a hybrid. The results were mixed and I no longer use them.

As with everything one outcome isn't always predictable of others. I am sure silver cables can work, though I did have a much better result with a silver hybrid cable.

Glad it worked out for you for its easy in this hobby for things to be hit and miss.

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
Brenden, you need to organise a speaker cable shoot out, with the KLE gzero's.

http://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/essence-gzero-sc/

Not that shootouts are the answer for all situations, but they can be useful, and fun.  :)
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline brenden

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »
That would be fun .My cables are 1.65m long and would need to do a shootout on a system that could use this length .

I really built them for my system with a little extra, because I needed a  high end reference cable, and felt I could build something that could compete with the very best .These were very very  pricey to construct, so not much point building twice the  length I needed  .  They are still burning in ,but probably don't need much burn in ,due to the use of silk .
   The KLEI  would be a good reference point to find out where my cables sit .

Offline hedalfa

• Liked: 328
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »
That would be fun .My cables are 1.65m long and would need to do a shootout on a system that could use this length .

I really built them for my system with a little extra, because I needed a  high end reference cable, and felt I could build something that could compete with the very best .These were very very  pricey to construct, so not much point building twice the  length I needed  .  They are still burning in ,but probably don't need much burn in ,due to the use of silk .

The guy I bought my silver cables from who I know well, said it took more than 40hours to make his plus materials...  cant expect this type of cable to be cheap......... if it is maybe its fake........

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »
i think so.   But the challenge is not only burn-in time, but settling time.    This is a phenomena i witnessed up at the Falls GTG, with the KLE cables.

The character of the sound changed, as the cables settled.  KLE said minimum 1 hour settling time,  which makes comparisons challenging. 

But worth trying to organise, IMHO.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Oh, and another interesting observation at the GTG about the change in sound, someone asked  'are our ears adjusting to the sound, rather than the cables settling?'

Cant remember who asked that, but very pertinent, and difficult to answer.   Maybe a combination of both.

Brenden, whats your experiences with this?

Offline brenden

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:42:12 PM »
Its true .dont know what causes it exactly .I had a mate many years ago who had an amazing ear and just as obsessive. He set his amp and cd player  back to back so the interconnect was straight and suspended the cable in the middle with string.Anyway he avoided moving his cables like the plague. He  said it took an hour to sound right again.this was long before I had heard of anyone mentioning this phenomenon. He was using Cardas  Hexlink Gold  5c , an excellent cable .This was at a time when there was debate about whether cables actually sounded different .One thing I have learned is to trust my ears .If I am not sure, I let my emotional response guide me.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 09:57:14 PM »
Brenden, let me share with you an 'ears adjusting' example, for no other reason than for conversations sake.

Have you ever worn noise cancelling headphones, on a train or plane?    I do.  I swear by them, in those situations.

I have a 1.5hr train ride to and from work each day.  On my journey I whack my noisecancelling headphones on, the world around me fades away, and i can listen to music or digital radio at relatively low levels (ie: i dont have to turn the volume up to overcome the drone of the train, and due to the low level I arrive at the end of the journey with zero listener fatigue).

A couple of times now, I have pulled off my noise cancelling headphones while the train is in full swing, and my ears are BOMBARDED with the noise of the train !!!!!    What is striking, is how loud the noise seems when I rip the phones off.

But,,,,, then wait a few minutes, and the train noise subsides.  Leave them off,  and the noise fades right away.  By the end of the journey, I dont even notice anything more than a gentle titter tatter of the tracks resonating.

My ears do adjust.   From overwhelming fark me brain snapping noise,  in relative shock after the blissful silence from the noisecancelling headphones,   to zoning out the noise and not even noticing it.

Our brains do work this way.   

That said.  I totally agree on trusting our ears, and being in touch with our emotional reactions to music.   But I am also open to the idea that our ears and brain does adjust to what is being presented (over time).   And that this trait is a good thing, its a natural phenomena that works for us.  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:02:37 PM by ozmillsy »