Author Topic: ShuGuang TREASURE Tubes 6CA7-Z  (Read 6667 times)

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: ShuGuang TREASURE Tubes 6CA7-Z
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
Has anyone tried these tubes?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Matched-ShuGuang-TREASURE-Tubes-6CA7-Z-/220715434033?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3363aa4031
Tell me the tubes you need. These tubes can be very unreliable.

Oh no.....don't sell him my favourite double d getter Steve... I"m still working my a$$ off to buy those  >:(
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline qwerter

• Liked: 0

Offline qwerter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:01 PM »

Offline qwerter

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 10:46:23 PM »
Has anyone tried these tubes?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Matched-ShuGuang-TREASURE-Tubes-6CA7-Z-/220715434033?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3363aa4031
Tell me the tubes you need. These tubes can be very unreliable.

I am looking for some el34's for my JLTI

Hello qwerter,

The double D getter would be perfect for your JLTi upgrade, I've got mine from Steven, bought it used as the NOS was too expensive for me, they've been running flawlessly and making beautiful music... I tried Electro Harmonic 6CA7 and some old production of Mullard too but the double D getter got me hooked and I don't think I could ever go back to new current production EL34.

However, if you are capable of modding your JLTi such as changing caps, resistors, RCA connectors etc etc you wouldn't need to get the double D getter, Tuyen, Mario and others here use the Winged C and they are very happy with the result.

Cheers,
William

Ps. Don't forget to replace the crappy 6N1 tubes to Telefunken or Philips PCC88, it will yield futher improvement to your JLTi.
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline qwerter

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »

Hello qwerter,

The double D getter would be perfect for your JLTi upgrade, I've got mine from Steven, bought it used as the NOS was too expensive for me, they've been running flawlessly and making beautiful music... I tried Electro Harmonic 6CA7 and some old production of Mullard too but the double D getter got me hooked and I don't think I could ever go back to new current production EL34.

However, if you are capable of modding your JLTi such as changing caps, resistors, RCA connectors etc etc you wouldn't need to get the double D getter, Tuyen, Mario and others here use the Winged C and they are very happy with the result.

Cheers,
William

Ps. Don't forget to replace the crappy 6N1 tubes to Telefunken or Philips PCC88, it will yield futher improvement to your JLTi.
[/quote]

Thanks William,
I will definitely go the update route, but a little bit later... Wanted to play with tubes at the moment.
Regards,
Leo.