Author Topic: Metrum Acoustics Octave  (Read 31623 times)

tuyen

Re: Metrum Acoustics Octave
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Hi Bill,

Really appreciate your generosity. From kdoot's recent opinion of it, sound's like something I'd be extremely keen to check out on my system.

Best,
Tuyen

Offline bhobba

• Liked: 9
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
Really appreciate your generosity. From kdoot's recent opinion of it, sound's like something I'd be extremely keen to check out on my system.

No problem mate.  Only trouble is it wont be soon.

Yes the Metrum is extremely good - very very accurate when fed with the Audiophello - but especially with the Off-Ramp.

Bear in mind though, as Steve Garland correctly pointed out in another thread on SNA, there is more to how a DAC sounds than detail and accuracy, there is also the stuff that allows you to think this is real rather than a reproduction.  It was thought the Metrum may have been more accurate than the PDX but to my ears at least the PDX sounded more convincing in being able to convey a sense of realism.

Thanks
Bill

tuyen

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
No trouble on the time. More then happy to wait :)

I can understand where people from both sides of the fence are coming from, with their opinions and reasoning to the side they so faithfully sit on.    I sit in the middle of the fence, it does get painful at times, but I find it's the only way to keep my honest  open mindedness in this hobby.