Author Topic: zenelectro killer clock  (Read 83021 times)

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
Re: zenelectro killer clock
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
Hi T,

No folds, just a flat copper sheet to mount all the parts like a traditional tube amp.

I have no pictures at the moment and it's not here with me (at Steven's). It is currently built on a 16mm marine ply, very strong ply, but as Graham has seen it's starting to curve a little bit because it's sustaining a heavy pressure from the irons on top. With 2mm copper plate, I'm afraid it may bend even more...

Cheers,
William
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: zenelectro killer clock will be in production
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »
The zen clock is finished and ready for production i have the final version now with just stock caps  ;) ;) ;) ;)
i am all clocked out
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »
Great news kajak12.

zenelectro, please put my name in for an order. I'll send the money when I get your bank/paypal details  ;)

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 06:07:54 PM »
Great news kajak12.

zenelectro, please put my name in for an order. I'll send the money when I get your bank/paypal details  ;)

No worries.

Many thanks to Mr Kajak for help with this, his enthusiasm is incredible.

These clocks have been a real challenge, showing that just super low jitter / high engineering specs don't necessarily get great sound.

In the end I got both, but the crystal suppliers design engineers would have a fit seeing me with dremel in hand, cutting the lid off
and doing open heart surgery on those precious high spec clock protos.

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »
Hand up.    My clock is in need of upgrading.   ;D
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »
Hand up.    My clock is in need of upgrading.   ;D
So is my clock this new clock is above mk1 version
zenelectro no more upgrades i cant keep up :'( :'(
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
Zenelectro final killer clock
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
:o Well I finally managed to get to hear the revised Zen Electro CD clock upgrade board and all I can say is wow. :o

Having heard the previous incarnation I had my appetite wetted and lusted after a replacement for my fairly basic setup.  Patience has it's rewards.  The new version kicks in the teeth any ideas that digital sounds artificial, gone is all edge and hardness and in its place is beautiful flowing music which can now finally go head to head with expensive turntable setups with high price step-ups and MC cartridges.  Think this is an overstatement, well I challenge you to try for yourself; I can see a new elite bunch of folk who are not prepared to cough up the 5 to 10k for a flash external box re-clocker but who will part with the cash for a Zen electro clock.  Of course some sacrifices are required to reach this level including a hefty 12 v battery and some Dueland pwr supply bypass caps but it's small change for the improvements wrought.  16 bit digital has never sounded so natural, so large and so real to my ears and I have heard some very expensive setups which pail into insignificance against the KDAC and Zen clock combo.

System clock was used in: Marantz CD94, KDAC, passive alps blue, custom EL34 amp, Lm1 refs.
The overall impression is the increase in natural flow to the music, the rhythm, pace, heft (read dynamic weight) and finesse.  It goes beyond bravura and digs deeper into the musical cupboard to reveal new shades of deep rich sound.
Are there any downsides to the Zen implementation, well compared to the Triclock 3 you do not get the same razor spotlight instrument placement within the sound stage but this pales in comparison to the organic flow and natural timing which makes the T3 sound somewhat artificial in comparison.
So what will this all cost, well if you can use a soldering iron reasonably well then factor in less than around 500 dollars for the Zen Clock board, 2 Dueland caps and a 12 volt battery of at least 20AH and the charger if you don’t already own a car battery charging unit.  In audio terms this is a relatively speaking, a bargain as you can blow this on a single cap and get less of an important change / improvement.
 I suggest people on this forum who have not succumbed to the audio death by squeeze box and still have the enthusiasm to get off their backsides to change silver discs make a bee line for Zen Electros door and shout and rant to get him to start the production line.
V ;D
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline zenelectro

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »
Many thanks Vita,

Wow - Only just noticed this.

Yes, when I first got MK2 clock sample it sounded very detailed and sharp. Had to do some mods to get the music back.

cheers

Z

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
Many thanks Vita,

Wow - Only just noticed this.

Yes, when I first got MK2 clock sample it sounded very detailed and sharp. Had to do some mods to get the music back.

cheers

Z
:) Credit where credits due.  To be able to bring such a significant upgrade to CD replay after almost 30 years of silver disks is most welcome and for all those who have had the sense to not ditch their silver disk spinners for some new 'kings clothes' they too will be able to enjoy  replay at another level altogether from their hotrodded Zenclock machines.  This is not one of those subtle changes where yes there might be slightly better xyz, this is as obvious as the nose on your face, never have I heard such liquidity and natural flow from CD replay and beleive me I have 20 CD players here at home with some fairly expensive esoteric pieces and they pail into insignificance in comparison.  A new King is born, all hail the King.
:D
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
My cd94 is crying out for a zenclock !!   

crazikid

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
Whats the latest on the zenclock?

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
Sounds great, T - excellent work!

Having just bought crazikid's Wadia  ;D (with Burson clock), it sounds like i *need* to put a Zen clock in it! (once i put out the fire in my wallet, that is...!)  :o

Offline kajak12

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

Having just bought crazikid's Wadia  ;D (with Burson clock), it sounds like i *need* to put a Zen clock in it! (once i put out the fire in my wallet, that is...!)  :o

don't worry credit cards are replaceable  an understanding wife now thats another matter ;)

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »

Having just bought crazikid's Wadia  ;D (with Burson clock), it sounds like i *need* to put a Zen clock in it! (once i put out the fire in my wallet, that is...!)  :o

don't worry credit cards are replaceable  an understanding wife now thats another matter ;)

Can't wait to see rab's wife's reaction when she sees his horn setup  ;D

Edit: still waiting for the zen clock...been a long wait but I'm not giving up!  8)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:01:01 PM by Jehuty »

Offline zenelectro

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Look what came today

:)  :)  :)

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
 :-*  8)

Offline springcreek

• Liked: 84
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
V cool  8)

Offline kajak12

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2012, 12:53:29 AM »

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Liked: 3
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
Hi guys

Any updates.....is it for sale as a product etc...

Does anybody knows about the Dexa Neutron Clock...or where to post questions....I wonder where to place it...together with the Zen and Trichord  :D

Offline kajak12

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 12:44:27 AM »
Hi guys

Any updates.....is it for sale as a product etc...

Does anybody knows about the Dexa Neutron Clock...or where to post questions....I wonder where to place it...together with the Zen and Trichord  :D

They should be out very soon i know zenelectro was very busy with medical work lately so i expect them in this month
Dexa Neutron Clock never heard of it