Author Topic: zenelectro killer clock  (Read 82953 times)

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
Re: zenelectro killer clock
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2013, 08:24:29 AM »
Looks like i will bring my zen clock down to compare
;D   Bring it at your own risk.   House rules are,,,,, any components that improve the system,  stay on the system.    :P  8)
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2013, 09:58:34 AM »
Looks like i will bring my zen clock down to compare
;D   Bring it at your own risk.   House rules are,,,,, any components that improve the system,  stay on the system.    :P  8)

LOL oz i have duelunds on my clock so it should be better
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
Hey Guys,   I've had the pleasure of running a Zenelectro KillerClock for over 4 weeks now,  and I can safely say it is a significant step forward over the Burson clock I was using.

Not sure if T has a finalised design yet,  but it would be close.   On first listen, the system was a little on the "cool" side, but a slight tweak to the clock fixed that,   and the result is greater clarity and musicality.   That is a combination that is hard for anyone to achieve, as we usually find 1 or the other being improved.

I'm really happy with what I'm hearing.  Thanks T.

Ive had the Zen clock installed in my Wadia transport for a few weeks now. It replaced the original standard clock it came with. I'm very very happy with the results I'm getting. I agree with Oz that it has increased clarity which is all well and good but to get an increase in musicality as well is a big bang for the buck. Better proportioned sound-stage, more fluid and engaging with a better sense of the richness of timbres. Defiantly a very good value for money upgrade in my opinion and one I would not want to live without.
At first listen the sound was analytical and with no texture or feeling but after leaving powered up for a few days it really came to life. I left it powered up for another couple of weeks while playing music intermittently and it just kept warming up and things kept getting better.
Very happy camper.

Nathan

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
Hey Guys,   I've had the pleasure of running a Zenelectro KillerClock for over 4 weeks now,  and I can safely say it is a significant step forward over the Burson clock I was using.

Not sure if T has a finalised design yet,  but it would be close.   On first listen, the system was a little on the "cool" side, but a slight tweak to the clock fixed that,   and the result is greater clarity and musicality.   That is a combination that is hard for anyone to achieve, as we usually find 1 or the other being improved.

I'm really happy with what I'm hearing.  Thanks T.

Ive had the Zen clock installed in my Wadia transport for a few weeks now. It replaced the original standard clock it came with. I'm very very happy with the results I'm getting. I agree with Oz that it has increased clarity which is all well and good but to get an increase in musicality as well is a big bang for the buck. Better proportioned sound-stage, more fluid and engaging with a better sense of the richness of timbres. Defiantly a very good value for money upgrade in my opinion and one I would not want to live without.
At first listen the sound was analytical and with no texture or feeling but after leaving powered up for a few days it really came to life. I left it powered up for another couple of weeks while playing music intermittently and it just kept warming up and things kept getting better.
Very happy camper.

Nathan

Thanks Nathan,

Great to see you're enjoying it.

Looks like I'm going to have to really run these clocks in for a long time.

cheers

Terry

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
I've also found that the cdm1 transport itself needs some settling, after being moved.     If you've just unpacked the upgraded wadia and plugged it in, a few days run time sounds about right.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline onthebeach

• Liked: 75
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
I think that is defiantly the case. My ears often need run in time as well when I upgrade something significant  :D

My system holds itself together at volume as well now. Previously it shat its pants during complicated and busy passages at volume but now without the glare and sheen it holds itself together much better. Yesterday I listened to the Beatles love soundtrack CD and it was the first time I've been able to listen to it loud and from start to finish...and it was really enjoyable. Much of the fatigue element has been removed.