Author Topic: Marantz CD85 Mod's  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Levett

• Liked: 0
Marantz CD85 Mod's
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:22:52 PM »
Hi All,

I'm considering modifying my Marantz CD85 I really just want to get the most out of the player. I've heard the player makes a great transport when paired with a decent DAC.

My experience with electronics, circuit analysis and soldering is limited so I would need someone to help me with the Mod's.

I'm open to suggestions and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: Marantz CD85 Mod's
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »
This looks like its the insides of your CD player and it has what appears to be very good capacitors, some have gold strips, Audio Grade, others look like Elna cerafines, not a bad start. To hot this up when you are not a digital know all, is difficult. The analogue section is easier. But where to start. looks to be a CDM4 transport. Hard to see much from this picture. The wire is important, but to tune it depends so much on what your system sounds like. A good start if you are game is bypass the fuse, then run solid core copper wire direct to the main transformer to bypass all the switches, how game are you. How far are you prepared to go.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:52:11 PM by stevenvalve »

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: Marantz CD85 Mod's
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »
Hi All,

I'm considering modifying my Marantz CD85 I really just want to get the most out of the player. I've heard the player makes a great transport when paired with a decent DAC.

My experience with electronics, circuit analysis and soldering is limited so I would need someone to help me with the Mod's.

I'm open to suggestions and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
ask zenelectro to do mods like a clock  8)
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time