Author Topic: New amp, guess what amp is this  (Read 11481 times)

Offline yoshio

• Liked: 0
New amp, guess what amp is this
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
Very well built and beautiful amp  :)

Disclaimer, in the process of getting the rights   :P

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: New amp, guess what amp is this
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
Very well built and beautiful amp  :)

Disclaimer, in the process of getting the rights   :P
bakoon!!!!!!!!!!
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline yoshio

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:24:36 PM »

bakoon!!!!!!!!!!

You are good kajak, what gives you the hint? I tried removing all text reference to it.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »

bakoon!!!!!!!!!!

You are good kajak, what gives you the hint? I tried removing all text reference to it.
COOL do i win a prize? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline yoshio

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
Specification for the amp, not that its important but it does plays a part

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:52:55 PM by yoshio »

Offline yoshio

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »

I make you a nice coffee when you visit Melbourne :)

Offline kajak12

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »

I make you a nice coffee when you visit Melbourne :)
That is good enough for me yoshio nothing better then some tunes and a great coffee so far in perth mcb is the king of coffee. ;D ;D ;D ;D
And if its really good you have to make me a few cups so but some extra milk and coffee beans ;)

Offline yoshio

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:33 AM »
That is good enough for me yoshio nothing better then some tunes and a great coffee so far in perth mcb is the king of coffee. ;D ;D ;D ;D
And if its really good you have to make me a few cups so but some extra milk and coffee beans ;)

After Hifi and music, making coffee is probably my next interest :) No worries, I will get you some nice beans that I have tasted, and make you as many as you like.

tuyen

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
Looks good.  10watt output?  It should be well suited for some nice high efficiency speakers.

Separate power supply module can only be a good thing.  As I am starting to understand the importance of technically well designed and proper layout of equipment with regards to control hum, ground noise, dc offsets, etc.    Especially noticeable and critical when running super sensitive drivers.   

Case is carved from solid aluminum billet..   must be pricey!

Offline yoshio

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
Looks good.  10watt output?  It should be well suited for some nice high efficiency speakers.

Separate power supply module can only be a good thing.  As I am starting to understand the importance of technically well designed and proper layout of equipment with regards to control hum, ground noise, dc offsets, etc.    Especially noticeable and critical when running super sensitive drivers.   

Case is carved from solid aluminum billet..   must be pricey!

10 watt is plenty for your horns haha :D

This amp is designed with high efficiency speaker in mind, speakers like horn, full ranger... so it has to be ultra low noise (hum, ground, click, pop included).

Apparently, this design is from a Korean company which is suppose to be the sister company of Japan Bakoon. They got the circuit from Bakoon Japan and take things huge steps forward.

Price wise, the initial expected retail is 3.5k AUD, not really that pricey eh?

Offline kajak12

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »
3.5k  cheap  tuyen start saving

tuyen

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »
It's a pretty fair price for commercial gear of that quality IMO. But unfortunately I'm out of the game for now and not in the market for anymore substantial hi-fi purchases, as have an upcoming highly likely gigantic home loan in the near future :)

Happy with the stuff I have to play around with for now!  ;D

Offline yoshio

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »
Some update guys, hook this up last night and have few moments with it. Initial impression, Bakoon has quite different presentation than my Valvet 10 watter, bakoon gives a more relax presentation with more body and tone in to the music.

I never thought the difference can be that huge... And yes amp does makes a different - SNA thread LOL  :D

Offline kajak12

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »
Some update guys, hook this up last night and have few moments with it. Initial impression, Bakoon has quite different presentation than my Valvet 10 watter, bakoon gives a more relax presentation with more body and tone in to the music.

I never thought the difference can be that huge... And yes amp does makes a different - SNA thread LOL  :D
Good news see you soon yosio

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »

Hey Mario ;D ;D ;D
Make sure you have your camera and fresh batteries with you and a large memory card so all us persons at the coal face can have lustful thoughts from afar drooling over shiny new kit!
V :P
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline yoshio

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »

Have you got your itinerary ready? I will be going to the show on Friday.

Haha good news or not got to wait till you hear it first, I know you not really favour how the Bakoon sound based  :P

Offline yoshio

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »

Hey Mario ;D ;D ;D
Make sure you have your camera and fresh batteries with you and a large memory card so all us persons at the coal face can have lustful thoughts from afar drooling over shiny new kit!
V :P

Nothing much actually  :( I was hoping LM can make it on time....

Offline kajak12

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »

Have you got your itinerary ready? I will be going to the show on Friday.

Haha good news or not got to wait till you hear it first, I know you not really favour how the Bakoon sound based  :P
we will be their on friday checking out all the toys

Offline twogoodears

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 10:59:43 PM »
http://twogoodears.blogspot.com/2011/08/wjaas-akira-nagai-sans-bakoonsatri.html

I had a listen to these cute amps and they sound SUPERB... unfortunately not in my system but with a Saba "Green"-based speakers system... hey, Tuyen, they're sure a NICE alternative to (original) Hiraga's... and MUCH more silent among notes as a plus:-)

Offline yoshio

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »
http://twogoodears.blogspot.com/2011/08/wjaas-akira-nagai-sans-bakoonsatri.html

I had a listen to these cute amps and they sound SUPERB... unfortunately not in my system but with a Saba "Green"-based speakers system... hey, Tuyen, they're sure a NICE alternative to (original) Hiraga's... and MUCH more silent among notes as a plus:-)

Hi Twogoodears,

Good to know that you like it, you should someday try it with your GOTO. Currently I am using it for my mid-high drivers, and the difference are already apparent.  Hopefully one day I can do multiway active with it.

And you are right, this amp is dead silence!

Jayden