Author Topic: Duelund reduces price of Bypass caps by around half!  (Read 2083 times)

Offline data

• Liked: 24
Duelund reduces price of Bypass caps by around half!
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:29:07 PM »
Duelund's recent acquisition of machinery from Jensen is paying off for us users already.

In this link Jeff says Frederik has said they aim to offer more products in coming months priced accordingly  8)

https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback.com/new-duelund-production-efficiencies-allow-bypass-capacitor-price-reductions/

Offline brenden

• Liked: 78
Re: Duelund reduces price of Bypass caps by around half!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 10:41:05 PM »
Wow . Its christms early . This will  now bring state of the art parts within reach of  most audiophiles .
     Now a strong competitor price wise to the Jupiter . Great news .

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 01:35:44 AM »
Wow . Its christms early . This will  now bring state of the art parts within reach of  most audiophiles .
     Now a strong competitor price wise to the Jupiter . Great news .
But is the new product as good. I find the newer models are more like changing the flavor, than improving them. I have been trying some old caps recently and they are nice, just different really. Sick of paying an arm and a leg for capacitors. That is why i am trying the great old stuff. But in the long run VSF still rule. interestingly a friend gave me some old 1950 - 60s German square oil tin canister caps .47 and they where brilliant, but rare. They sounded so close to the VSF just a little different but just as good. I would have lived with them but one unfortunately died after a few days,,,,, just bad luck.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:45:20 AM by stevenvalve »

Offline data

• Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 11:53:23 PM »
That's the problem with very old, tends to be very rare.

Be nice if the cost of the VSF's could go the same way with the new machinery, but I fear the winding machines might not be suitable and maybe they need to be done by hand, but I live in hope :)