Author Topic: A quick Hello  (Read 3961 times)

Offline braddo

• Liked: 2
A quick Hello
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll throw it here.

Hi everyone, 1st post here thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Brad, I registered here a while back, so a bit of a lurker.

Anyway, I've been thinking about transports for a while now, and recently bit the bullet and bought myself a Micro Seiki CD-M2 (the one that was on SNA) which is based on a Marantz cd-94 (CDM1 etc.)

I actually had a chat with Steven about this a few weeks back (stoked that he took the time to do that), before I purchased it. In stock form it's better than what I was using as transport (Rotel 1072, Raysonic CD128), so I'm already happy with the purchase.

I've had a bit of a look at some of the transport mods here, and I'll be following a similar pattern I think.

Anyways I'm not here to get in the way, and I hope you guys don't mind me poking around here a bit! Cheers :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:33:45 PM by braddo »

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
Re: A quick Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll throw it here.

Hi everyone, 1st post here thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Brad, I registered here a while back, so a bit of a lurker.

Anyway, I've been thinking about transports for a while now, and recently bit the bullet and bought myself a Micro Seiki CD-M2 (the one that was on SNA) which is based on a Marantz cd-94 (CDM1 etc.)

I actually had a chat with Steven about this a few weeks back (stoked that he took the time to do that), before I purchased it. In stock form it's better than what I was using as transport (Rotel 1072, Raysonic CD128), so I'm already happy with the purchase.

I've had a bit of a look at some of the transport mods here, and I'll be following a similar pattern I think.

Anyways I'm not here to get in the way, and I hope you guys don't mind me poking around here a bit! Cheers :)
welcome to the forum brad i had my eye on the micro seiki for a while i was willing to pay $650 max as its a cd94 done up a bit with xlr output besides that not much difference,any way we all must start somewhere in this game.Now all you need is some mods to get the best out of it
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline braddo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »
Cheers Mario (I know your name from reputation ;D). The seller accepted my offer of $800 delivered to Wollongong (near Sydney), so I was happy enough with that. Haven't tried it yet as a stock standalone CDP, just want to make a good transport out of it.
Will start the mods after the festive season BS dies down, and when my work slows down. Will be modding slowly one step at a time, and listening as I go, should be fun!
Can't wait to open her up and see what's in there.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »
Cheers Mario (I know your name from reputation ;D). The seller accepted my offer of $800 delivered to Wollongong (near Sydney), so I was happy enough with that. Haven't tried it yet as a stock standalone CDP, just want to make a good transport out of it.
Will start the mods after the festive season BS dies down, and when my work slows down. Will be modding slowly one step at a time, and listening as I go, should be fun!
Can't wait to open her up and see what's in there.
Reputation??????????? sh!t i thought i didn't have one
open it up i noticed that the power supply caps looked swollen on photo's.you can make a great transport what you need is a zenelectro clock and a bit of tlc
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline braddo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
Thanks mate, I'll post up my findings. I'll throw a decent pic of the caps on here when I get her opened.