Author Topic: Rubidium Clocks  (Read 50700 times)

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
Re: Rubidium Clocks
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Hi guys

Any news to be reported about the clocks..... ;)

Yeah Terry, now you've stopped enjoying yourself (you are allowed despite what Mario reckons :P )what's the news on the crystal supply? ::) ::) ::) ::)
Some of us audio addicts are in need of a clock fix. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NOW.................. NOW..............NOW......................NOW...................NOW...............................NOW.........................NOW..........................NOW tee heeV
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »
Hi guys

Erik.  ;D

The Terry - Zen clock is probably as big a change as your Audio Note silver output transformers and probably brings increased sound stage size in both height width and depth.  :o  It totally floored me with the direct comparison to the Mario home made clock jobbie and when expensive Duelands were added (another 500 dollars a pair) it was even better, that makes for an expensive change despite not being a retail product with all the attendent price hikes.

As your tech friend removed the resistors you mentioned strangled the sound, were these the ones across the secondaries of the transformer?????  You were not clear here!
What brand resistor were you using prior to the Audionote transformers in the I to V stage so we can draw a price performance relationship?

As I am traveling down the same path of attempting to extract the last drop of sound quality from the Phillips TDA chip set all information shared is valued highly. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
V ;)
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Liked: 3
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
Half the info I can supply on the spot. :D

First it was a high value Blue coloured Tantalum (I think AudioNote) which later became a low value Light Brown coloured Holco.

As soon as my Audiobuddy gets in contact again I will ask further details.....it is on the underside of the printboard so I cannot have a visual.....  ;)

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »
Hi guys

Yeah Terry, now you've stopped enjoying yourself (you are allowed despite what Mario reckons :P )what's the news on the crystal supply? ::) ::) ::) ::)
Some of us audio addicts are in need of a clock fix. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NOW.................. NOW..............NOW......................NOW...................NOW...............................NOW.........................NOW..........................NOW tee heeV

Ah - just got back a few days ago from Victoria wilderness relaxing - and you guys are still thinking about clocks - jeeeeez!

I have 1 x clock here now, will build one up. Waiting for super spec clock, should be here in a few weeks.

TBH, have had a few big jobs on my mind / plate such as USB to I2S conversion, 40 watt gtr amp complete P2P rebuild.

Check the pics, looks and sounds fantastic.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:19 AM »
Very nice layout Mr. T for a guitar amp and good component choices by the looks of it.  You can tell a tech has built it because any future servicing would be straight forward unlike other under the hood shots we have seen.

Now get making a clock................[color=red]PLEASE[/color]
V

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
Very nice layout Mr. T for a guitar amp and good component choices by the looks of it.  You can tell a tech has built it because any future servicing would be straight forward unlike other under the hood shots we have seen.

Now get making a clock................[color=red]PLEASE[/color]
V

You probably want to take these pictures off here, because after playing through this amp I am pretty sure anyone else who plays it will want it - and you know what happens then  :) :)

But the next one is not going to be cheap - this type of building is very labour intensive.