Author Topic: Neotech Wire  (Read 25369 times)

Offline data

• Liked: 24
Neotech Wire
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
I may as we add Geoff here, nice bloke that sells Neotech wire on the bay.

Goes by seller name "gmdb"

I like this for hook-up wire http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Neotech-UPOCC-Solid-Core-7N-Copper-24AWG-Blue-Teflon-/220867876913?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item336cc05831

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
Re: Neotech Wire
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »

I like this for hook-up wire http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Neotech-UPOCC-Solid-Core-7N-Copper-24AWG-Blue-Teflon-/220867876913?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item336cc05831

Many thanks, have been looking for this stuff.

Z

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:50:40 AM »

Oh data now i must try here we go again ;) ;)
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline data

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »
Resistance is futile!

Although, I imagine very little resistance with this wire  :D

Geoff is very good on the service side of things too.

I still want to try some of the 20awg stuff in a pony-tail build for speaker cables, the 24awg is good for hook-up and ICs.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
Ordered 2m red and 2m black  ;D

Thanks for posting the info data.
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:59:47 AM »
Yup, I also bought 10 mtrs to rewire some kit and as it's my Birthday today, yeah, old fart of 55  :'(  No charge for postage over 10 mtrs which is a nice freebe  ;D I also bought me some pimp priced SET 211's valves, 2 Dell precision laptops, 64 gig of server ram and an 8 way 4gb fibre hub cus no one else loves me!  Well maybe my Dogs who had a great time swiming in the Indian ocean earlier today and are currently snoring happily in the lounge with a bit of  belioz gently playing in the background so as not to wake them. Sigh  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »
Yup, I also bought 10 mtrs to rewire some kit and as it's my Birthday today, yeah, old fart of 55  :'(  No charge for postage over 10 mtrs which is a nice freebe  ;D I also bought me some pimp priced SET 211's valves, 2 Dell precision laptops, 64 gig of server ram and an 8 way 4gb fibre hub cus no one else loves me!  Well maybe my Dogs who had a great time swiming in the Indian ocean earlier today and are currently snoring happily in the lounge with a bit of  belioz gently playing in the background so as not to wake them. Sigh  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
V

Many happy returns V  :) Congratz on your new toys too! 211 argh... gimme tissues :D

Offline data

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 04:22:29 AM »
Damn it!

With all this wire talk, I had to get some for speaker cables myself.

Couldn't just sit and watch others have wire fun  ;D

Ian

Offline data

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »

Many thanks, have been looking for this stuff.

Z

No problem, Z.

I thought you guys would have tried this stuff already, so hadn't posted earlier.

Cheers
Ian

Offline data

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 12:35:53 AM »
Oh, just a little update on what Geoff is doing...

I know most of us here like to construct our own cables, but Geoff has just started making up ICs using the Neotech wire and Eichmann copper bullet connectors, and the pricing at the moment is only $99.95 plus post for a .75m pair!

Seems like good value, getting a pair myself next fortnight.

He can use a combo of Copper and Silver Neotech wire like the ones in the sale here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Aurealis-R1-Audio-Interconnects-Neotech-UPOCC-wire-Eichmann-RCA-Bullets-/220981958318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33738d16ae but can also construct them in all copper like what I'm going for.

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Hi Ian , thanks for the tip. Bought a few meters for my new Dac and pre amp projects.
Will let you know how it goes.
G
Listening with my ears :)

Offline data

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
It's nice stuff, but remember to be careful not to score the wire when stripping the Teflon dielectric.

I have it in my amp and phono stage now, and use it for my speakers too, next will be IC's.

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 02:50:10 AM »
Hi guys,

I got this email a few days ago and I'd like to share it with you all should you need to procure the Neotech wire. It's a good stuff, I use it with Cat 5 wire to flavour and tune  ;D

Cheers,
William

Hi

I'm sending you this email because you have previously purchased from me on Ebay - (gmdb) AT Accessories. I'm pleased to let you know that I have now opened up my own online store, Aurealis Audio, which can be found at www.aurealisaudio.com.au

UPOCC wire, a large range of Aurealis speaker cables and interconnects, and RCA, XLR connectors etc are available for direct purchase from the new site.  Payment can be made through PayPal as usual or bank transfer can be arranged with prior contact.

I have now closed my AT Accessories Ebay store but will continue to sell some limited items on Ebay, such as demo specials, silver solder and phono cartridges. They will be available under my usual moniker of "gmdb".

I am hoping that the move to the new site will enable me to keep prices down, which has become increasingly difficult with the rapidly rising Ebay fees.

best wishes

Geoff

Geoff Maloney

www.aurealiaudio.com.au

Brisbane, Australia

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »
Hi guys,

Thanks William.

WRT Neotech UPOCC, getting pretty popular these days in various forms / available from solid core to multi strand Litz (individually insulated) type wire
with everything from PTFE / Cotton / PVC insulation.  Smorgasbord! Neotech are smart - they make all possible variations and let the audiophiles fight about which sounds best :)

FWIW, I stumbled on this site a while back - Daves Cables:   http://www.davescables.com/  most are using some form of Neotech UPOCC

Very affordable hand made HQ cables with 30 day money back if they don't suit.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:47:07 AM by zenelectro »

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »
I really like my Aurealis interconnects,   but in my system,  they are picking up a hum.

I am still using neotech wire for my speaker cable on main system,  they sound great for the price.

It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 11:25:05 AM »
FWIW, I stumbled on this site a while back - Daves Cables:   http://www.davescables.com/  most are using some form of Neotech UPOCC

I found this interesting quote,  on Daves ebay listing for the D2 IC.......

The ground wires are 18 gauge Neotech UPOCC copper with a teflon dielectric, there are 2 of them woven in a litz braid with the Neotech wire giving a 15 gauge ground connection. I use a much heavier gauge ground wire because in ICs the ground wire also serves to connect the ground planes of the components being connected, and a lower resistance wire produces less noise. Unlike speaker cable, ICs ground wire does a lot more than serve as a "return".

I'm going to give the D2 a try (just ordered a pair).    But the above statement also has me thinking about the construction of my home brew IC's.     I've got a bunch of spare connectors and neotech wire.     Might do some playing,,,,,  haven't made a set of IC's for ages.

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
D2's arrived.

Very promising,  only put an hour or so on them last night,   they sound extended at both ends and very natural and airy in between.   

Look forward to further running in,  but they are not picking up any hum like the Aurealis cables were ,  so they are ticking alot of boxes already.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:32:01 PM by ozmillsy »

Offline Jehuty

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 11:55:27 AM »
Sounds good Oz! I would be very interested to compare it to Steve's Yamamura and Paul's Van Den Hul First Ultimate  :)

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
I'll bring them to the Canberra gtg. 

Offline ozmillsy

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
I would be very interested to compare it to Steve's Yamamura and Paul's Van Den Hul First Ultimate  :)
Compared the D2's to Steves Yamamura last night.    Not in the same league I am afraid.    :-\