General HIFI > Amplification (Pre/Power)

Tripath TA2020 Class-T amp

(1/4) > >>

tuyen:
I'm in the process of building an 8channel (4x stereo amps) power amp for my GOTO horn project.

Originally I was thinking of running the whole setup with valve amps, but decided to give class-T a go as the modules are rediculously cheap ($50 per stereo module) and  they can all be run off 1 car battery!   They are very efficient, although only outputting about 12watts @ 8ohm, and ~8watts @ 16ohm,  compression drivers (16ohm) are so sensitive, even 1watt is more then enough for ear splitting levels.  Plus the thought of having 4 valve amps running at once (all diferrent types), summer coming up, last months power bill,  made me think trying these class-t amps a very good idea.

My first looks of the components on the board, I can already see some potential modifications I can do to them that should improve performance :)  

kajak12:
no room for duelunds or jensen caps tuyen,rubycons must come standard on 90% of boards.try elna cerefine or panasonic fc

Hens:
Those are looking good, must trounce your yaqin since you are selling it. :P

tuyen:
I'm only sellling the Yaqin to make way for the killerAMP that Paul is currently building for me.

I can't say anything about these class-T amps yet on my system as I have not heard them!  I might suit my taste (after mods of course!) or they might not.  Only one way to know..

Update:  The package is in Perth. Should be getting them early this week. Will set them up on a piece of cardboard or wood, until I work out how much total space they need and find suitable case for them.

Also looking for some spare car batteries to run these amps off. Off to the wreckers I go :)

tuyen:
Received my 4 amp modules yesterday and after a quick inspection of the boards, found one board having a broken diode. So getting sent a replacement diode to fix myself from the seller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version