Author Topic: Does anyone mod cd94 for money??  (Read 8271 times)

Offline braddo

• Liked: 2
Does anyone mod cd94 for money??
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
I'm ready to mod my Micro Seiki CDM2 (CD94) to use as transport and was thinking about paying someone to do it. Does anyone here do this, or does anyone know of anyone that can do this.

Also, I'm using a Wadia DAC, so would modding to something along the lines of Wadia 3200 be the right way to go about this? Cheers. :)

Offline braddo

Re: Does anyone mod cd94 for money??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
No-one? OK no problem. I can get a good start on my own, I'm just a bit concerned about how to go about removing the analogue section, but I'll do a bit of sniffing around the net etc., and keep having a good read through the forum here, and ask around a bit. Cheers.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »
No-one? OK no problem. I can get a good start on my own, I'm just a bit concerned about how to go about removing the analogue section, but I'll do a bit of sniffing around the net etc., and keep having a good read through the forum here, and ask around a bit. Cheers.
ASK ZENELECTRO I WOULD RESPOND EARLIER BUT WORK AND FAMILY ARE IN THE WAY
ARE YOU IN NSW????????????
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »
I'm ready to mod my Micro Seiki CDM2 (CD94) to use as transport and was thinking about paying someone to do it. Does anyone here do this, or does anyone know of anyone that can do this.

Also, I'm using a Wadia DAC, so would modding to something along the lines of Wadia 3200 be the right way to go about this? Cheers. :)
i CAN MODD IT NO PROBLEM DO YOU REQUIRE I2S?
How deep are your pockets or how long is a piece of string really hard to modd and tune without being close to the dac in question or the system a guide of modds is easy but the magic is in the fine tuning with your ears
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline braddo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
ASK ZENELECTRO I WOULD RESPOND EARLIER BUT WORK AND FAMILY ARE IN THE WAY
ARE YOU IN NSW????????????

Yeah I'm in Wollongong (1 hour south of Sydney).

Offline braddo

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:43:43 AM »

How deep are your pockets or how long is a piece of string really hard to modd and tune without being close to the dac in question or the system a guide of modds is easy but the magic is in the fine tuning with your ears

Oh for sure I understand the system tuning part of modding. I just would like someone to remove the analogue stage. This would be a good start don't you think? I can do NOS mod, IEC plug etc. myself I would be happy to live with the transport like that while looking into clocks, 12s etc...

As far as 12s, probably to many questions for me to ask via keyboard about that (and piss everyone off :-[), so maybe not for starters. I can possibly give Stevevalve a call about things like 12s to save all the typing.

I have an old(ish) Wadia x64.4 digimaster DAC, and something along the lines of a Wadia 3200 specs would be a good start i think. As you can tell, I'm a noob :-[
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:45:56 AM by braddo »

Offline kajak12

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Nos mode is easy if you use 12s just remove the B chip give steve a call and ask him for danny digitals number he can do the work on cd94

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
Braddo,   Danny Digital is the man in Sydney to do CD94 mod's.

He did the full works on mine.   PM me if you'd like his contact details.
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:23 AM »
zenelctro will pm you soon

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:35 AM »

Oh for sure I understand the system tuning part of modding. I just would like someone to remove the analogue stage. This would be a good start don't you think? I can do NOS mod, IEC plug etc. myself I would be happy to live with the transport like that while looking into clocks, 12s etc...

As far as 12s, probably to many questions for me to ask via keyboard about that (and piss everyone off :-[), so maybe not for starters. I can possibly give Stevevalve a call about things like 12s to save all the typing.

I have an old(ish) Wadia x64.4 digimaster DAC, and something along the lines of a Wadia 3200 specs would be a good start i think. As you can tell, I'm a noob :-[

WRT Wadia DAC, I'm not sure it can be run in NOS. Some Wadias had a proprietary digital  filter and FWIW I believe it was pretty good.

WRT Wadia and I2S - not sure, would have to check it out. I2S is the way to go if you can. I'll have a dig around tomorrow

WRT transport mods, doing mods without going I2S and a decent clock is kind of like polishing a turd - to coin a phrase.

cheers

Z

Offline braddo

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:49:43 AM »
Braddo,   Danny Digital is the man in Sydney to do CD94 mod's.

He did the full works on mine.   PM me if you'd like his contact details.

Thankyou, I will do that. :)

Offline braddo

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »
Nos mode is easy if you use 12s just remove the B chip give steve a call and ask him for danny digitals number he can do the work on cd94

Thankyou Mario.

Offline braddo

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »

WRT Wadia DAC, I'm not sure it can be run in NOS. Some Wadias had a proprietary digital  filter and FWIW I believe it was pretty good.

WRT Wadia and I2S - not sure, would have to check it out. I2S is the way to go if you can. I'll have a dig around tomorrow

WRT transport mods, doing mods without going I2S and a decent clock is kind of like polishing a turd - to coin a phrase.

cheers

Z

Thanks for that info. Much Appreciated.

I'll let you guys know where I stand. I'm NOT here to bludge info and look after myself, that's why I asked if anyone can help me for payment, or if there is someone who does this type of work commercially. I don't want to be a pain in the arse with a million questions on this forum which is what will happen if I mod something myself :-[ I don't want to get in the way I should be able to pick things up on my own along the way as I read/research etc.

Thanks again everyone already a big help. :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:57:58 AM by braddo »