Author Topic: Bolt On Horsepower (Make your Phono Stage really sing)  (Read 7081 times)

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
Bolt On Horsepower (Make your Phono Stage really sing)
« on: June 23, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
Don't need to tell you guys what a profound difference this makes right from the get go.
Give it 3-400 hours and I will report back. These BIG PIG Duelands are an absolute pain in the
arse to fit but the results are already over the top.

BEFORE

AFTER

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
Re: Bolt On Horsepower (Make your Phono Stage really sing)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »
Nice caps Graham  ;D

Did I see silver wire there?  :o
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

crazikid

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
gamve.. looks awesome.. love the duelunds.  :P

Offline gamve

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
Yeah William it's some sort of silver litz wire. I was sorely tempted to replace it with some solid core neotech and would have except the cheapie RCA's holes were not big enough for some WBT's. Anyways just change one thing at a time is probably a good idea. This thing is a prototype (markings on the back are actually for a DAC enclosure) but the cooking version was ultra expensive when new something like 12K gulp... Thankfully my mate was realistic with what he wanted for it.  I looked up the latest models, saw the pricing and nearly crapped myself. Go and check it out.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
bad boy you are i can see lots of mods in the future dont put the soldering iron away yet!!!!!!!
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
Yeah William it's some sort of silver litz wire. I was sorely tempted to replace it with some solid core neotech and would have except the cheapie RCA's holes were not big enough for some WBT's. Anyways just change one thing at a time is probably a good idea. This thing is a prototype (markings on the back are actually for a DAC enclosure) but the cooking version was ultra expensive when new something like 12K gulp... Thankfully my mate was realistic with what he wanted for it.  I looked up the latest models, saw the pricing and nearly crapped myself. Go and check it out.

12k  :o

I just checked out their linestage http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/vitus/vitus.html $30k  ??? I have to sell my kidney for that kind of money  >:(
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline gamve

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
Yeah William it's some sort of silver litz wire. I was sorely tempted to replace it with some solid core neotech and would have except the cheapie RCA's holes were not big enough for some WBT's. Anyways just change one thing at a time is probably a good idea. This thing is a prototype (markings on the back are actually for a DAC enclosure) but the cooking version was ultra expensive when new something like 12K gulp... Thankfully my mate was realistic with what he wanted for it.  I looked up the latest models, saw the pricing and nearly crapped myself. Go and check it out.

12k  :o

I just checked out their linestage http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/vitus/vitus.html $30k  ??? I have to sell my kidney for that kind of money  >:(

Yeah their latest phono stage is double the line stage price. Holey Moley. BTW their latest phono stage has Dueland output caps :)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
Yeah William it's some sort of silver litz wire. I was sorely tempted to replace it with some solid core neotech and would have except the cheapie RCA's holes were not big enough for some WBT's. Anyways just change one thing at a time is probably a good idea. This thing is a prototype (markings on the back are actually for a DAC enclosure) but the cooking version was ultra expensive when new something like 12K gulp... Thankfully my mate was realistic with what he wanted for it.  I looked up the latest models, saw the pricing and nearly crapped myself. Go and check it out.

12k  :o

I just checked out their linestage http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/vitus/vitus.html $30k  ??? I have to sell my kidney for that kind of money  >:(
What dikhead gave them the idea of duelund caps?  :P good to see manufactures smelling the roses

Yeah their latest phono stage is double the line stage price. Holey Moley. BTW their latest phono stage has Dueland output caps :)
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time