Author Topic: Duelund CAST-PIO-Cu 630Vdc Coupling Capacitors  (Read 10425 times)

Offline omodo

• Liked: 104
  • Green tinted glow
Duelund CAST-PIO-Cu 630Vdc Coupling Capacitors
« on: June 28, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
In today's newsletter from PCX and surely of interest to some here...

DUELUND CAST-PIO-Cu (Copper) 630VDC (for Tube Electronics) Coupling Capacitors - 66% Discount Off Retail !

pcX is pleased to add to our range of "stocked" caps, what is widely considered to be the finest signal caps available -
at any price. As most DIY hobbyists know, the very best often comes at a high price...and with Duelund, small "customer
specific – special orders" were no exception.

In this case however, instead of special ordering these caps for customers (2 at a time, in most cases), pcX decided to
give DUELUND a large bulk order, of two of the most popular tube electronic coupling cap values…..reaping all the
cost benefits associated with economies of scale……and as a result, we are now able to offer these caps
at a staggering 66% savings from the normal retail price.

DUELUND-71504
0.22uF / 630VDC (CAST-PIO-Cu)   34mmD x 41mmH (27mm radial lead spacing)
Original MSRP retail: $595.95 USD ea.
NEW "Bulk Order" Retail: $249.95 USD ea.
Special pcX introductory Price: $199.95 USD each!

DUELUND-71505
0.47uF / 630VDC (CAST-PIO-Cu) 34mmD x 61mmH (27mm radial lead spacing)
Original MSRP retail: $595.95 USD ea.
NEW "Bulk Order" Retail: $249.95 USD ea.
Special pcX introductory Price: $199.95 USD each!

http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/econnexion/0612/jun12.html#npi

crazikid

Re: Duelund CAST-PIO-Cu 630Vdc Coupling Capacitors
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
good spotting!! Thanks

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:09:43 PM »
I spotted it last Januari...this so called sale made me buy bucketloads of them (fourteen to be exact)
They changed my HiFi-Live  8)

Offline data

• Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »
Would like to hear these against the VSF's

Probably better I don't though, I'll never eat more than noodles if they are a lot better  ;D

Offline bhobba

• Liked: 9
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »
Would like to hear these against the VSF's Probably better I don't though, I'll never eat more than noodles if they are a lot better

I have.  Forget the VSF - they are a joke compared to the CAST.  Once heard no going back.  If you cant afford them save your pennies a while longer - its worth it.

Mike Lenehan wants to build all his products with CAST from now on.  That's probably not going to happen due to the cost difference but I can tell you he is sorely tempted.  Personally I would do it but Mike has marketing realities to consider - I don't of course.

I really want to get the ML1 Limited out for the WA guys to hear - it really is that much better - but you can only appreciate that when you hear it.

Thanks
Bill

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 12:22:40 PM »
I have not heard the newer cast model, checked on the net and the expensive ones I heard 5 years ago where not this new model cast. Hope they are better, not just different sounding.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »
Would like to hear these against the VSF's Probably better I don't though, I'll never eat more than noodles if they are a lot better

I have.  Forget the VSF - they are a joke compared to the CAST.  Once heard no going back.  If you cant afford them save your pennies a while longer - its worth it.

Mike Lenehan wants to build all his products with CAST from now on.  That's probably not going to happen due to the cost difference but I can tell you he is sorely tempted.  Personally I would do it but Mike has marketing realities to consider - I don't of course.

I really want to get the ML1 Limited out for the WA guys to hear - it really is that much better - but you can only appreciate that when you hear it.

Thanks
Bill
bill i would love to hear the ml1 limited against my ml1's with a gtg in perth
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »
I have not heard the newer cast model, checked on the net and the expensive ones I heard 5 years ago where not this new model cast. Hope they are better, not just different sounding.
Maybe we should all go into a pair for the dacs send them on a tour and find out how good they really are.........
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline bhobba

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
bill i would love to hear the ml1 limited against my ml1's with a gtg in perth

That's exactly what I had in mind.  Just a few guys like Rawl99 want have a go at them first. 

Its up to Mike now to get em done - evidently he will start working on them when he gets back.

Thanks
Bill

Offline bhobba

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »
Maybe we should all go into a pair for the dacs send them on a tour and find out how good they really are.........

Had a chat to Rawl and we will try them in my Killer.

The good news is Rawl heard my ML2 Limited with just a couple of hours.  He normally doesn't like Mikes speakers this new but liked these.

Anyway time will tell.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:28:51 PM by bhobba »

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »
First photos of Duelund CAST 1 GigaFarad caps:

... maybe Bill can try these in his KillerDAC! :P